Tank transfer tips

AlexVic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
37
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to transfer from a 40 gallon system to a 100 gallon system. I have the 40 gallon on the left side of my living room and the 100 gallon on the right so it’s really close. Do you guys have any tips to make this transition as smooth as possible and anything I should worry about?
 
Lay down lots of towels between the tanks is my best suggestion lol.

The sand is the hardest part, its easiest to start with new sand. Then transfer any machines you want, then the rocks and corals, then the fish. I've done it a few times and never lost any livestock. Good luck
 
Lay down lots of towels between the tanks is my best suggestion lol.

The sand is the hardest part, its easiest to start with new sand. Then transfer any machines you want, then the rocks and corals, then the fish. I've done it a few times and never lost any livestock. Good luck
Yeha im using completely new sand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new