Tasha strange coloration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MIKE NY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MIKE NY

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
644
Reaction score
944
Location
Franklin Square, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure to post here or the Disease forum, but I have a Yasha goby that developed dark spots over night has been this way for a few days. It’s eating and acting normally so I’m not sure what cause this. Some told me it’s possibly stressed because it’s not pair with a shrimp. Has anyone this before...TIA
8dd40915dcd23b2af1d6daf7d8c429e8.jpg


4ac6ec601813955e980771c584f867f8.jpg
 
Not sure to post here or the Disease forum, but I have a Yasha goby that developed dark spots over night has been this way for a few days. It’s eating and acting normally so I’m not sure what cause this. Some told me it’s possibly stressed because it’s not pair with a shrimp. Has anyone this before...TIA
8dd40915dcd23b2af1d6daf7d8c429e8.jpg


4ac6ec601813955e980771c584f867f8.jpg


Some info that might help-
How long have you had the goby?
Do you quarantine?
When was the last time you added a fish to the tank?
When was the last time you added anything wet to the tank?

Are the spots raised off the skin or discoloration of the skin? If raised it could be black ich?
 
Thanks for the response....I only have it a couple of weeks, but it did come from a system that had copper. It was fine in my tank for over a week then over night it developed this discoloration of this skin. It doesn’t appear to be any type of parasite or infection. The only new fish which was recently added is a diamond tail flasher. I’m thinking possibly stressed coloration because many fish change color either lighter or darker, but I don’t see any aggression from tankmates.
 
Not sure to post here or the Disease forum, but I have a Yasha goby that developed dark spots over night has been this way for a few days. It’s eating and acting normally so I’m not sure what cause this. Some told me it’s possibly stressed because it’s not pair with a shrimp. Has anyone this before...TIA
8dd40915dcd23b2af1d6daf7d8c429e8.jpg


4ac6ec601813955e980771c584f867f8.jpg
It looks fungal
 
Crap..that’s what I thought it could be. I’ll try just vitamin enriched foods first, but I do have Kanaplex and Focus ready...
 
I might suggest a ruby reef rally bath to see if that has any effect on it? That’s a new one for me...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new