RockyMountainReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

As you can guess, I am pretty bored at home. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time, but wondered if any of you have gone about doing it and could possibly give me some pointers. I want to create a Taxonomy Book/PDFs that I can either print and store in a binder, or have running off of my iPad off of .pdf files.

The point would be to:

1. Catalog the specimens in my IM 25 Lagoon (macro algae, invertebrates, fish, coral [sps, las, etc]) and have a one-pager (probably front and back).
2. Provide my pics of the specimens inside the tank
3. Log any care information, species info, origin, date introduced, etc. I can keep an extensive log somewhere somewhere else.

I've seen photo books done, in fact my friend made one for all of our backpacking trips for me, and that would work, but if anything changed in the tank, that seems to permanent to rip and replace pages. In fact, a professional binder would be nice, since you can hole punch and replace pages that way.

Any help or ideas on this would be great!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! No suggestions on the taxonomy book but sounds like a great idea, you should start a thread and share when completed :)

A8457965-F071-43F1-8D58-EB6652204FB1.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.1%
Back