Tea bags for GFO?

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello I was curious if anyone has used tea bags with a draw string to hold GFO I only need a small amount of GFO and all the bags that brs sells are way to big imo here is the link to the amazon product I was interested in

ref=sr_1_37

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello I was curious if anyone has used tea bags with a draw string to hold GFO I only need a small amount of GFO and all the bags that brs sells are way to big imo here is the link to the amazon product I was interested in

ref=sr_1_37
Paper Tea bags are designed to be submerged for only a few minutes and then discarded.

I'm certain that they would disintegrate quite quickly in salt water causing an awful mess.

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a small amount for my 22g and I used a tea bag to contain the GFO and placed that in a small mesh bag. I had the bag in there for 3 weeks and it was fine.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been putting Rox 0.8 carbon in tea bags, the dropping them in a sicce shark pro filter for a long time. They don't disintegrate :thinking-face:.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tea bags are just way too small, my fat fingers would not even be able to work with that.

On amazon you can mesh baggies of any size, I typically use 4"x4" or 4"x6", much easier to work with, and it cost about 10$ for 60+ of them.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These work also. Cut what you need and knot it. They definatly don't deteriate. I have my ato float switch enclosed in one for several years to keep snails and debris out. Also have used them for carbon. Just tossing it out there as an option available almost anywhere. Screenshot_20230622_065447_Walmart.jpg

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paper Tea bags are designed to be submerged for only a few minutes and then discarded.

I'm certain that they would disintegrate quite quickly in salt water causing an awful mess.
The bags ain't made from paper tho !

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back