OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a polyplab lens over the weekend. Took a few updated photos.

86C5C521-0960-4E39-BA37-C68DC4866F64.jpeg 08B9628D-FF3F-4301-AED3-039BA50060B8.jpeg 4698CCBF-5E85-4E8D-BC4B-D54DCC445942.jpeg 4CC9ECBE-95F4-4963-BBDA-99A4AEE92A6F.jpeg B772409C-71C5-495F-827C-7D02BEDC6CFB.jpeg 87D8E563-4907-4869-9FFB-E7E987395827.jpeg

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local frag swap is in a month and looking forward to looking at some frags, and hopefully finding a few to help fill out the tank. Everything is doing great and showing growth. I was very hesitant adding the SPS in the beginning, fearing I would kill off the frags, but they are doing well. No intention of adding anymore in the future, but happy to know I can keep them, even if they are the hardy types.

I'm leaning towards adding a couple more frags of zoa varieties and maybe another favia or two.

Here are some recent photos.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 3 years my Tunze NANO ATO failed. So now I have a bottle sticking out of my 3rd chamber keeping the tank topped off. Hopefully Tunze can do something for me. @rvitko

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, perhaps some gsp on the back wall?

Thanks!

Yes I finally found some of the Neon Green variety and its glued to the lower back left of the back wall. Just need to wait for it to start spreading. I once had GSP back there, but it wasn't as green as I would have preferred and I glued it too high. So only half of it was covered.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven’t replaced the ATO on this tank. I was hopefully tunze would give me a hand, but no one was willing to work with me. The response was “send us the pump we will test it, but most likely that is the issue.” Just buy another pump is their “fix”. That isn’t the issue, because I can hook the pump up to a 9 volt and it works just fine. It’s the controller/board/little black box that is shot, but they don’t want to help me with that. The decision has been made to no longer use any of their products and no longer recommend them to anyone that asks. The “buy something we stock” over the lack of willingness to help a customer has pushed me away. They jumped straight to that instead of troubleshooting with me, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

A couple days ago I lost my favorite hammer coral to BJD. It was a unique hammer to me, deep blue tentacles with light blue tips, but I’m moving forward. The initial idea was to replace it with another hammer coral or frogspawn/octospawn, but I’ve started to waver from that idea. I have really loved keeping euphyllia, but I think this is the final straw in this adventure. Been burned too many times. So what do you put in that big hole? This has always caused me the most anxiety in this hobby. What do you place in certain spots to avoid coral warfare, and make it look natural. Seriously I have had this minor issue bother me more than it should. I have really started to enjoy keeping favias as of late, and have had success, but those sweepers… Then there is that route of throwing an encrusting coral in there, but I like something with a little movement and that tends to grow quicker. SPS, no I have what I’m going to keep SPS wise and no more in this tank. So I guess that leaves zoas/palys. They grow quickly, come in various colors, and have a little movement with them in the right flow. That is the next step in this tanks progress, and in two weeks I’m going to throw some cash towards zoas at my clubs frag swap.

What do you think?

159DF5DD-C032-4054-9159-BEFA85CE85E1.jpeg 64E6A1FC-85CF-4A2A-915A-179C919051B8.jpeg 7B36A0CA-F15E-4ACC-927C-0407731EEA93.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven’t replaced the ATO on this tank. I was hopefully tunze would give me a hand, but no one was willing to work with me. The response was “send us the pump we will test it, but most likely that is the issue.” Just buy another pump is their “fix”. That isn’t the issue, because I can hook the pump up to a 9 volt and it works just fine. It’s the controller/board/little black box that is shot, but they don’t want to help me with that. The decision has been made to no longer use any of their products and no longer recommend them to anyone that asks. The “buy something we stock” over the lack of willingness to help a customer has pushed me away. They jumped straight to that instead of troubleshooting with me, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

A couple days ago I lost my favorite hammer coral to BJD. It was a unique hammer to me, deep blue tentacles with light blue tips, but I’m moving forward. The initial idea was to replace it with another hammer coral or frogspawn/octospawn, but I’ve started to waver from that idea. I have really loved keeping euphyllia, but I think this is the final straw in this adventure. Been burned too many times. So what do you put in that big hole? This has always caused me the most anxiety in this hobby. What do you place in certain spots to avoid coral warfare, and make it look natural. Seriously I have had this minor issue bother me more than it should. I have really started to enjoy keeping favias as of late, and have had success, but those sweepers… Then there is that route of throwing an encrusting coral in there, but I like something with a little movement and that tends to grow quicker. SPS, no I have what I’m going to keep SPS wise and no more in this tank. So I guess that leaves zoas/palys. They grow quickly, come in various colors, and have a little movement with them in the right flow. That is the next step in this tanks progress, and in two weeks I’m going to throw some cash towards zoas at my clubs frag swap.

What do you think?

159DF5DD-C032-4054-9159-BEFA85CE85E1.jpeg 64E6A1FC-85CF-4A2A-915A-179C919051B8.jpeg 7B36A0CA-F15E-4ACC-927C-0407731EEA93.jpeg

Maybe try one more time with Tunze, I find sometimes you get the one size fits all response, I would think a new pump would fix most issues, so their solution is, buy a $20 pump problem solved.
Make the offer to buy the pump as they suggested (a spare pump is always handy) but get them to agree if that doesn’t solve the issue they will then give you a more tailored solution.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try one more time with Tunze, I find sometimes you get the one size fits all response, I would think a new pump would fix most issues, so their solution is, buy a $20 pump problem solved.
Make the offer to buy the pump as they suggested (a spare pump is always handy) but get them to agree if that doesn’t solve the issue they will then give you a more tailored solution.

I know its not the pump, and have a local reefing buddy who has a spare if I need one. I've explained this but with no response. :shrug:

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at a loss for the ato I love mine so far.

As for coral do like acans? I feel once they get comfy they become fluffy and sway in the current nicely.

same here. ‍shrug

yes I have some acans but worried about them getting stung in that area.

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try some gonis? Not super agressive but can sting. Or maybe some zoas? Maybe even some gsp, adds soem flow and pop of color, shouldnt over grow a established zoa garden and the hammers will help keep it in check

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try some gonis? Not super agressive but can sting. Or maybe some zoas? Maybe even some gsp, adds soem flow and pop of color, shouldnt over grow a established zoa garden and the hammers will help keep it in check

I’m thinking of going the zoa route. They can fill in and bring multiple pops of color

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank bro! Euphyllia is looking fantastic!

What light spectrum and schedule are you running, and do you have an idea of the par?

Feel free to check out my nuvo 10 build too! :)
happy reefing man!

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank bro! Euphyllia is looking fantastic!

What light spectrum and schedule are you running, and do you have an idea of the par?

Feel free to check out my nuvo 10 build too! :)
happy reefing man!

Thanks! Sadly I don't have as much Euphyllia as I once had, but I still enjoy the pieces I have.

I'm just running a modified BRS AB+ schedule. No greens or reds. The schedule is posted on my instagram if you are interested. @tehSAC_reef. As far as par, I have no clue.

I'll give your tank a look. Always interested in seeing what others do with the Nuvo 10.

OP
OP
tehSAC

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Duetto arrived last evening and I threw it onto the tank. The pump is extremely quiet. Didn’t even know it was pumping water until I heard it dumping into the third chamber. My old tunze you could hear the pump from the kitchen. Until I added this ATO I never realized how loud the Tunze pump was.

anyway here are some newish photos. Frag swap coming up next weekend and have already purchased some frags. Hoping to find a couple more on my list and get this little tank packed and filling out. Just not where I want it yet, but it’s slowly getting there.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Looks great - really nice work!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back