Tell me about your triggerfish systems!

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about setting up a triggerfish system sometime in the future (at least a year out.). I love these guys and want to explore what I'd need to set something up.

1) What are the basics of your system (equipment, lights, tank size)?

2) What animals do you keep them with, and are you able to keep more than one trigger?

3) Do you have any CuC?

4) What do you wish you knew before you got one? Challenges of keeping them?

5) Pictures please! Inspire me!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll start the ball rolling for you: A FOWLR would be the easiest, with great filtration, and the bigger tank, the better. PS: Pinktail Triggers are beautiful, no?

OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll start the ball rolling for you: A FOWLR would be the easiest, with great filtration, and the bigger tank, the better. PS: Pinktail Triggers are beautiful, no?
Pinktails are very pretty fish. Totally fell in love with the wicked aberrant undulated triggerfish posted on Divers Den yesterday though!

flabryth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about setting up a triggerfish system sometime in the future (at least a year out.). I love these guys and want to explore what I'd need to set something up.

1) What are the basics of your system (equipment, lights, tank size)?

2) What animals do you keep them with, and are you able to keep more than one trigger?

3) Do you have any CuC?

4) What do you wish you knew before you got one? Challenges of keeping them?

5) Pictures please! Inspire me!

I have started a aggressive tank with an undulated trigger and a large domino damsel. the trigger is barely 2 inches right now...little guy has loads of personality (never had a fish like it, fresh or saltwater). going to add two large gold maroons and a bat fish in a couple of weeks, then a snowflake moray later. I have had great luck with all of this fish in the past. I am new to the undulated trigger but am planning to add a larger tank (200 gallon) to my 75 and 150. so as the little killer grows I will have options.

Back