Tell me about your username

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was inebriated and talking guitar players with a buddy specifically Eric Clapton and Peter Frampton...No idea why those two but I accidently said Flampton at some point and thought it was just silly. Thus I really liked it and have used it for twenty plus years now.

Crevalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve caught plenty of Jack Crevalle fishing. They are a blast to catch so made it my name.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sons initials and we all raced motocross. They are all grown up now and in and out of college and are not fun anymore.

weamdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using weamdog since al gore invented the internet. Was an office thing back in the day appending "dog" to names. I often claim that I was a dog before snoop.

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and a few buddies found a Luchador mask. Tequila later I was being introduced to the “ring” as Johnie Jumbo. My signature move was a sleeper hold called the el tryptophan. The self appointed announcer ran out of creativity when he introduce my opponent. Steve.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My car. Sort of... Long story, but I own a 68 Corvette and my dad has a 67 Corvette. My dad bought the 67 in the mid 70's, and I grew up looking at that car my whole life. So when I was old enough, and could afford it, I bought my own in 1999. He passed away in 2015, and my mom still drives the 67. So eventually, I will have to sell my 68 so I can make room for the 67. I chose the 67 to use as my username, even though I don't own one, but my dad's is a much nicer car, so I'd rather be associated with that one! The 67 is the maroon car, and the 68 is the black one. So, that's the basic the story....
80-img_5349_1__2a4a21ba59a2bad61156f957a933721f6d2f4cf2.jpg
Both are beautiful! Great story too.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah about the name. One of my other hobbies aka Princess. Had her now for 5 years. I am super bummed that we didn't go anywhere fun this summer but hoping next year

received_375635073663651.jpeg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the story or meaning behind your username on R2R? How long have you had it? Tell me your secrets

Mine stems from an episode of Sherlock from BBC called The Hounds of Bakersville where at some point in the plot there is a fluorescent rabbit. After looking into it they did actually make such a rabbit through genetic modification with a species of jellyfish Aequorea victoria. 221B is Holme's apartment number. Side note, I havn't seen the rest of the series but I was.... *cough* inebriated when I came up with it.
Omg Loved Sherlock!!! You should try and watch the rest on Netflix.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stems from an episode of Sherlock from BBC called The Hounds of Bakersville where at some point in the plot there is a fluorescent rabbit. After looking into it they did actually make such a rabbit through genetic modification with a species of jellyfish Aequorea victoria. 221B is Holme's apartment number. Side note, I havn't seen the rest of the series but I was.... *cough* inebriated when I came up with it.
Have X, Will Travel is a
‘snowclone’ that was first seen in America in 1954. It was Bob Hope’s memoir entitled, “Have Tux, Will Travel”. It basically means, “a man with a tuxedo”
is “ready to go anyplace anytime” and will be “dressed classy upon arrival”.

A ‘snowclone’ is described as “some assembly-required adaptable cliché frame for lazy journalists”.

Other variants were Have Gun, Will Travel, Have Spacesuit, Will Travel, Have Rocket, Will Travel.

For me, I thought Have Fish, Will Travel was a clever way to say, “with fishes, I can go anywhere anytime and I’ll always be happy”.

68410220-C3DF-43FC-8BD1-0ABDAFA7A954.jpeg

Last edited:

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the story or meaning behind your username on R2R? How long have you had it? Tell me your secrets

@NeonRabbit221B is very clever!

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first set up an email account when it was still dial up I had a hard time setting up an email address. So I had to call customer service for help. When She asked me to give her a username l looked out my window and saw my Audi and gave her A4edwin. Not a great story but it what I got

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back