Temp is at 80!

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time it happens to my my apex showing 80F. My helios at 78.8 the temperature. The temp i set is 78F. But im at 80. Checked 2 testers my basement is at 75F what do i do? Super worried. Do i pht my temp back at 77F

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time it happens to my my apex showing 80F. My helios at 78.8 the temperature. The temp i set is 78F. But im at 80. Checked 2 testers my basement is at 75F what do i do? Super worried. Do i pht my temp back at 77F
Can you think of anything that might be raising your tank temp? Lights? Pumps? Do you have glass lids on the tank?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all 80 is not that bad as long as the rise is slow. Just put a fan across the top it will cool the tank down.
Is 75 degrees the ambient temperature of your basement? the one degree difference between your helio and the apex seems about right if you never calibrated your apex.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all 80 is not that bad as long as the rise is slow. Just put a fan across the top it will cool the tank down.
Is 75 degrees the ambient temperature of your basement? the one degree difference between your helio and the apex seems about right if you never calibrated your apex.
My red sea ato has a temp reader and its reading same as my helios 78.8. My salinity cchekrr by hanna reading at 79.1 who do i believe

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red sea ato has a temp reader and its reading same as my helios 78.8. My salinity cchekrr by hanna reading at 79.1 who do i believe
Just look at trends. As others have said, 80 is not particularly bad. And as I have said on another of your posts, hobby grade testers are not going to be perfect.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad at all. Mine gets to 82 or so regularly but I also run mine higher. As mentioned, as long as it’s gradual and not sudden spikes, you should be good.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real oceans are hitting like 92 some days LOL, but yea 80 isnt terrible... just think of it like a little heatwave :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back