Temperature probe control heater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up P4 for several days. One thing I have monitored is while my temp probe setting as nominal=76.5 F, hysteresis=1 F, and the temp sensor sense 76.2 F.

I looked at the powerbar socket S3 which I have it plug to heater with function as temperature 1, heater. The socket is on when my temp sensor = 76.2 F with above setting. Does it suppose to turn off the S3 when the temp range is within 76.5 +- 1 F? Or do I miss understanding the nominal and hysteresis meaning?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The ProfiLux has one very good way to handle the controlling of one parameter. Look at my screenshot for my temperature meter

Screen Shot 12-11-17 at 07.04 PM.PNG

Locate Operation mode controller

Screen Shot 12-11-17 at 07.08 PM.PNG

In my case - you can read beside the word Controller - Pulse variable. In your case - its probably "twoposition controller" If you change that to pulse variable and play a little with the Pulse time and the pause time - you can get a temperature that will be stable with variation below 0.1. I have put Pulse to 7 minutes and Pause to 1 minute. According how far away your measurements are from the nominal value different things will happen. If it far away – it will be on for 7 minutes – after that wait for 1 minute – sense the different and take a new pulse time. If you are closer to your nominal value – it will maybe run for 6 minutes and again wait for 1 minute before a new action taking place. Are you very close to your target value – it will be one for a very short time – and after that wait for 1 minute again. For me Pulse 7 minutes and Paus 1 minute working good.

Its important that the heather and the temperature probe is in the same apartment, but you can have the heather in one corner of the aquarium and the probe in another. In that case – use a longer paus time. If you have them close together in one of your sumps appalments – maybe lesser paus time

Sincerely Lasse

Screen Shot 12-11-17 at 07.04 PM.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. I didn't see any operation mode or dynamic nominal value section in my temp sensor on GCC. I only have nocturnal, probe/sensor control, alarm and summer switching.

Do you need to enable it somewhere?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enable EXPERT MODE
- Click the VIEW tab to the top of the screen and select Expert mode.

OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question. I have setup a programmable logic to the heater socket (S3) to be turned off when the sump level is low ( I set up a float switch to sense if sump is too low and have assigned to a level control circuit.) I have assigned this control circuit to shut off return pump if it is low. So question is: Which control will have priority to control the heater socket S3? For example, if the sump low triggered the heater socket to be turned off. And later while the sump is still low, my temp sensor which is in the same return section leaves the water and sense a temp drop, will this trigger the temp sensor to be turn on again? I don't want it to happen since it means heater will be dry run and burn...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back