Temporary Replacement

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I have to send my 32 HD in for repair because it melted, and I was wondering what I can use as a temporary substitute until it gets fixed. I have two options, one is to try and find a cheaper alternative for the time being, and the other is to purchase another 32HD and run 2 at once when it returns. My tank pic is attached and the only coral that needs high light is 1 acro I recently picked up.

The dimensions are:
35.4"×19.7"×17.7"

IMG_0757.jpeg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on growing acros, then invest in another 32HD. Ideally, you should run a couple of those and a couple of Blades. Or you can get a couple blades and run a single 32HD and expand later.
There is also the cheap Amazon copys that would probably be enough light to have your corals survive couple weeks.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get another 32HD and run two at lower power when yours gets back. Getting a different light for a few days sounds like asking for some uglies trouble.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get another 32HD and run two at lower power when yours gets back. Getting a different light for a few days sounds like asking for some uglies trouble.
The 2nd 32HD won't bleach some corals that need lower light levels such as mushrooms and zoas, would it?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2nd 32HD won't bleach some corals that need lower light levels such as mushrooms and zoas, would it?

If you double the number of lights at the same output I would expect some colour change. Doubt they will bleach though. I have some zoas that have grown into a 350+ par area and they do fine. They have changed darker though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back