Tenecor AIO Peninsula

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I picked up a new tank from @Tenecor Aquariums. It started as a means to replace/upgrade another AIO I have (AquaTop BFT-13). The hassle of keeping the 'sump' clean on that tank is a pain, and I'm limited on space/growth potential in that tank. This is where the Tenecor Peninsula| 17 comes into play.

Current news:
Curing the scape

Major updates listed below:
Tank Review
Scape Complete

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Tank was unboxed, looked over, and short review posted.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Tank was unboxed, looked over, and short review posted.

Nice review. Looking forward to seeing how you set it up.

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20220619_004646304.MP.jpg

Rocks are taking shape, I believe I have a finished scape narrowed down. Covering some glue lines, and adding some rubble to give more depth. Reveal to come soon.

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that scape @Woodyman. Like the bare bottom with it as well. I've never done a bare bottom but with a scape like that I may just give it a try.

I was actually not planning for a bare bottom, but it does look good.

Just haven't been to the LFS to buy any sand....

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been 5 days of being wet. I put a small mesh bag of a handful of matrix from the AquaTop in on Wednesday, today I figure it's time to dose some @Reef Nutrition Phyto feast and Apex pods!

PXL_20220701_233736686.jpg

That feed port came in handy for holding the pods!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been 5 days of being wet. I put a small mesh bag of a handful of matrix from the AquaTop in on Wednesday, today I figure it's time to dose some @Reef Nutrition Phyto feast and Apex pods!

PXL_20220701_233736686.jpg

That feed port came in handy for holding the pods!
Have you used their Apex Pods before? Just curious how you like them. I have used their Tigger Pods quite a few times and like them a lot but mainly I get my phyto/pods from @Eldredge now. Every once in a while I like to change it up so I get some Reef Stew (a local phyto/brine/rotifer soup) from my sorta-LFSs or pick up some Tigger Pods at my really-LFS (3 miles from the house versus 40 miles to next closest LFS).

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you used their Apex Pods before? Just curious how you like them. I have used their Tigger Pods quite a few times and like them a lot but mainly I get my phyto/pods from @Eldredge now. Every once in a while I like to change it up so I get some Reef Stew (a local phyto/brine/rotifer soup) from my sorta-LFSs or pick up some Tigger Pods at my really-LFS (3 miles from the house versus 40 miles to next closest LFS).

I really like the Apex, I keep a culture going and every ~4-6 weeks buy a fresh bottle from the LFS. I dose a little to each tank and then ~half into the culture tank. I probably don't need to do it as frequently as I do, but it's an excuse to go to the LFS.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Apex, I keep a culture going and every ~4-6 weeks buy a fresh bottle from the LFS. I dose a little to each tank and then ~half into the culture tank. I probably don't need to do it as frequently as I do, but it's an excuse to go to the LFS.
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to ask; now that it's wet, how do you like the AIO sump?

I definitely see myself liking it. Since I'm not actively heating or using it as a tank, I can't really pass full judgement. So far though the extra size and 4" media basket I think I'm going to really enjoy. I've bought a few socks for trips already. Definitely going to be easy to clean periodically, I hate that about the AquaTop, it's a beautiful tank, but the sump is just so crammed. Plus swapping floss every 2/3 days gets old. Not that this really changes that if I use floss/socks, but they would at least be way easier to remove and swap! Cutting triangles and trying to get them lined up just right is a pain on the angled overflows.

I'm liking the perimeter lid and included sump lid. The lexan portion is too thin for my liking, but I've said that already!

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has cleared, while I don't see to many, I assume the pods are busy reproducing within the rockwork, dosing more phyto tonight, and probably more pods from my culture over the weekend.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back