Tenecor thicker tanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at tanks on the Tenecor website…..the tanks I have been looking at all now say Thicker TM…….does that mean they are being manufactured with thicker acrylic than previously used?

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so...

I think they are just implying that other tank manufacturers may or may not be using lower quality acrylic that could be less than the thickness claimed.... while at the same time claiming Tenecor never does this....

They seem to be claiming that some tank manufacturers may be using less expensive imported sheets of acrylic, that may or may not be of questionable quality or may or may not be as thick as claimed.

OP
OP
JRAD

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok….just wondering because that is new……the tank descriptions did not say ”thicker“ last time I looked last month!

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok….just wondering because that is new……the tank descriptions did not say ”thicker“ last time I looked last month!
We decided to add this as our "standard" thickness is very often thicker than what is considered "traditional" and "customary". For example, on a 539 gallon 96x36x36, we would use 1 inch on the walls and possibly up to 1-1/2 inch on the top depending on the hole pattern. Another example would be a 299 gallon 60x48x24 where we would be using 3/4 inch on the walls and up to 1 inch on the top. Yet another example is 160 gallon 48x48x16 where instead of 1/4 inch walls and a 1/2 inch top, we would be using 1/2 inch walls and 3/4 inch tops.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so...

I think they are just implying that other tank manufacturers may or may not be using lower quality acrylic that could be less than the thickness claimed.... while at the same time claiming Tenecor never does this....

They seem to be claiming that some tank manufacturers may be using less expensive imported sheets of acrylic, that may or may not be of questionable quality or may or may not be as thick as claimed.
We are not claiming anything regarding other manufacturers. Just stating our tanks are made with thicker acrylic than what is considered "industry standard".

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another example. We soon will be making some major product announcements including an even more extensive line of lagoons and frags. These are some of the new frags where you will note the extra thick dimensions. >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/view-all-frags. Our web site is also in the process of being updated.

Valeerii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another example. We soon will be making some major product announcements including an even more extensive line of lagoons and frags. These are some of the new frags where you will note the extra thick dimensions. >>> https://tenecoraquariums.com/collections/view-all-frags. Our web site is also in the process of being updated.
Hello,
Sorry for disturbing...

Don't know how to contact tenecoraquariums.com support? I have a few questions about buying an aquarium. No one responds to the feedback form, and they also do not respond to email. I wrote several times on different days.

This is very alarming, but is it even worth dealing with stores that have such big problems with feedback? Maybe there is of course a global "weekend week"...

Tanks in advance

Back