Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some in production pics of a 240 gallon corner Pentagon, one of my all time favorite tanks. Notice the single piece back wall panel, bent at the 90.
F171E48A-104E-47D6-A4CB-2A8264992BD7.jpeg

Four feet of front panel viewing

6A8612A5-E389-4C79-9885-C4819A88AC66.jpeg

This is the bent corner detail

C5569422-4ADC-407A-BBAE-FC6482F82D5F.jpeg

Flawless seams
That is a wild design, i love the possibilities with acrylic tanks

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback.
This was a start to see how to make filter area, skimmer and pump accessible. Back to modify design.

For the Frag Tank what 3 bulkhead fittings and recommended return pump are others thinking of using?
1/2 Lifegard slip/slip for all 3 returns. Looking at this for return pump. https://a.co/d/5hYPw6K

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't already have the pump, you can try messaging that company here and possibly get it for free.
LOL, I have and did. I am actually testing their 120g skimmer that just came today. Way quieter than my Reef Octopus 150 and easier to adjust too.

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be as shown below with a couple minor changes. The "solid" wall is an oversight. It had slots there before but it should be, and will be. solid. This is a simple design for a simple setup.
A808DEE9-1750-478F-999E-E74B5FE928A5.jpeg
Did you end up going with 9” height, or sticking with 7”?

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some in production pics of a 240 gallon corner Pentagon, one of my all time favorite tanks. Notice the single piece back wall panel, bent at the 90.
F171E48A-104E-47D6-A4CB-2A8264992BD7.jpeg

Four feet of front panel viewing

6A8612A5-E389-4C79-9885-C4819A88AC66.jpeg

This is the bent corner detail

C5569422-4ADC-407A-BBAE-FC6482F82D5F.jpeg

Flawless seams
That’s incredible!
It’s really making me want to get my next big project started!

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The baffles will be factory notched so that they will field assemble as shown below. Two green, one red. They can be glued together (recommended) but importantly, not glued to the sump pedestal itself. That way, the baffle assembly can be removed for cleaning/maintenance if required. Crayola drawings further explain the concept. One interesting thing to note is that the tank bottom is clear. With no substrate, you will have some light shine down into the sump area. Should make for some interesting flora and fauna. This will be a very stable environment. Adding rubble to one or more of the chambers is also an option. Thoughts?
aa.jpg

aa1.jpg

aa2.jpg
Can you elaborate the logic in flow?
However, the new proposal with 3 pieces as sketched with slots and a window doesn't allow water flow from chamber 2 to 3 with a solid center that seems to be 11"?

Is there a new mockup or crayon sketch of final shipping next week?

From the original sump concept / mockup with a shorter center piece and 4 solid support/dividers I've been playing with a layout. Aware there are many ways to set up a sump. Each their own.

Would think a shorter center like mockup which looked to be ~8" and 4 individual pieces (now a solid, 2 slotted, 1 window = 5 pieces) would make for more customizable layouts. Possibly at minimum go back to a shorter 6-8" center, one end piece solid and window and 2 slotted pieces = 4 pieces. ???

1674745883753.png

1674748323403.png

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate the logic in flow?
However, the new proposal with 3 pieces as sketched with slots and a window doesn't allow water flow from chamber 2 to 3 with a solid center that seems to be 11"?

Is there a new mockup or crayon sketch of final shipping next week?

From the original sump concept / mockup with a shorter center piece and 4 solid support/dividers I've been playing with a layout. Aware there are many ways to set up a sump. Each their own.

Would think a shorter center like mockup which looked to be ~8" and 4 individual pieces (now a solid, 2 slotted, 1 window = 5 pieces) would make for more customizable layouts. Possibly at minimum go back to a shorter 6-8" center, one end piece solid and window and 2 slotted pieces = 4 pieces. ???

1674745883753.png

1674748323403.png
Thanks for the sketchups. You do nice work. See below for more details. There will be three baffle/support panels. Two of them going side to side the other as the center partition. They all will be factory notched for easy assembly. The assembly can be glued up if preferred. Or not. The assembly will fit so that the center partition touches the inside front wall of the sump. This will position it exactly so that the rear baffle lines up with the rear bottom edge of the tank. No guesswork. Leaving the three baffle assembly loose and not glued to the sump will allow easy disassembly for maintenance and cleaning.

qqq.jpg

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the sketchups. You do nice work. See below for more details. There will be three baffle/support panels. Two of them going side to side the other as the center partition. They all will be factory notched for easy assembly. The assembly can be glued up if preferred. Or not. The assembly will fit so that the center partition touches the inside front wall of the sump. This will position it exactly so that the rear baffle lines up with the rear bottom edge of the tank. No guesswork. Leaving the three baffle assembly loose and not glued to the sump will allow easy disassembly for maintenance and cleaning.

qqq.jpg
Thanks for the kind words and clarification on the kit dividers shipping out.

whybenormal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions download link should been sent to you at checkout. Please email [email protected] and they will send you a copy. All the best.
I've emailed [email protected] and Michelle told me there are no instructions for the frag tank.
As excited as I am to put it together, this is a first for me with a DIY tank. I don't want to mess it up.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've emailed [email protected] and Michelle told me there are no instructions for the frag tank.
As excited as I am to put it together, this is a first for me with a DIY tank. I don't want to mess it up.
There are instructions. She was not aware they were uploaded. Michelle works mostly with custom tanks and not aware of this program. I will post a set again. you should have gotten a download link for the instructions at checkout. At any rate, please see the next post.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back