Testing Kits

taylored_projects

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kits do you recommend for testing Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Phosphates? Looking for ones that are easy to read and do.

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...s-salifert-api-hanna-triton-awt.234660/page-3

I have tried API, Elos, and Salifert. API was markedly inaccurate for alkalinity readings with my kit. Elos was accurate but difficult to read, and occasionally gave "off" readings. Salifert has been accurate (compared to LFS testing which I did to check accuracy; presumably if we all get similar readings they are correct!), precise, and the titrations are easy to read (which I REALLY like). They do require 1 minor extra step compared to Elos; I do find the syringe droppers to work well and seem reliable to me.

I have not tried Red Sea; I have shied away from them after reading many stories about how inaccurate their magnesium test is specifically.

I do use Hanna's high range copper tester, which is the only copper kit I can read! (it literally gives you a number) I can't read the colorimetric copper tests with any real accuracy.

I am curious about Geisemann's test kits, but have heard nothing about them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back