Teton mountain build thread Reefer 750XXL

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the snow? Kids and I are heading your way on the 20th. I’m hoping for some fresh late March pow. Tank is looking great. Were staying in Jackson. I’ll take any restaurant recommendations you got. I like more of a locals restaurant.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the snow? Kids and I are heading your way on the 20th. I’m hoping for some fresh late March pow. Tank is looking great. Were staying in Jackson. I’ll take any restaurant recommendations you got. I like more of a locals restaurant.

it's pretty good we had our 2nd snowiest feb. on record but it been warmer the last few storms the pow has be wetter than normal :/ but its still nice up high should be some good skiing for you.
so many good restaurants china town is a local fav. for Chinese, momo sack just opened up a proper place. D.O.G is a classic morning place as well as the bunnery . have fun!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I send back my Gyre 280 and got the new 330...then I did a bit more research and it seems they dont fit on the 750 glass thickness of 3/4" BRS said it would the reefing community said no, so I guess I will when they get here prob. on Monday or so...
'
also ordered more plumping pats PVC holders and 90 elbow to barb for the RT pump and new schedule 80 3/4 mate to 1' slip.
so I would not have to use the white ones I got.

it's coming along slowly but we will get there. good thing my LR is live and wet that will speed things up once I get it in there.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the shipment from BRS however it missing the master Gyre 330 :( what the heck? oh well at least when I get home I can see if the hold on the 3/4" glass or not. we shall see really looking forward to getting this tank wet.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got the manifold & full siphon pumping done only took 3 weeks with ordering all the parts and more time that I can to tell you but it's done!

Now to FW test but off to work today maybe tomorrow I can get it wet.

f295cba7bb9ec4c8ef73cbffbf27be95.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plumed it that way as I wanted a valve on the left side of the stand. it will either go to my ATS of fuge. + there is room for 1 more if needed.

if I dont like it I might do a manifold like @Whip 750 he's sure does take up less space. when I thought about my design the plan was to mount a 55W UV in the middle on the back wall. um yeah I did not think that though very well. so in the roof it goes. ( if I get one that is )

I know gate valves would have been a better choice but they where to a bit spendy and I dont think I need that level of flow for UV, ATS and a reactor. we shall see the ball valves can come off to I can replace with 1/2" gate if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are moving forward!

Got the return plumbed in and doing a FW leak test.

Prob. Not the most exciting update for you all but it's nice to see it wet.

Will level it once again when full. And let it run for maybe a day to test for leaks.
Hopefully it all good. :)
bd01d0fc3da204925d786ad885303f31.jpg
6909ae9329d7c4a44df5dcb001bdf426.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well shoot I got a few leeks I think I fix the one from the bulk head in my E drain. the down pipe that goes in to the Bulkhead got loose. but now I have 2 leaks on my main drain....boo I'll admit I did not use primer just clear cement. and a cpl pieces where quite short.

looking at ways to fix. or might just have to put the RS one on it and order more parts to redo it. have not even got to my manifold..ugg worst plumbing job ever...sigh

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow 4 months and no update...
the reason why is I am in reefing limbo. :/ around the time of my last post my GF bought an investment property in the next town over about 30 min drive. been working hard on that to get the renovation done.
and about a month ago our landlord here staid he was not sure what he wants to do with his gust house the one we are staying in.

so now we are just doing the reno it turned out to be a very big project ripping out the floors to the floor joist, valuing one ceiling, new floors throughout, countertops you know a complete make over.

and we might move in there come fall. I did not even have the take up and might have to move it. it's been a hard long reefing limbo but trying to stay postive one day I will get this bad boy up.

one thing is for sure I am going to hire help if we do move that is a for sure thing.

just thought I would update the build thread..

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you are in limbo. It will be even better feeling when you move the tank and get it going. Looking forward to updates in the fall

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on a side note I am thinking about a little nano to keep me going. i always wanted a couch side peninsula that will focus on RFA, mini max and sexy shrimp and other inverts.

i'll let you all know if I can convince the GF it's a good idea so I dont rush the big build. wish me luck!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back