OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The caribsea shapes, BRS filters, flush valve and tds meter came in today so it was an eventful day. Started the day at Home depot to get another Brute trash can and the wheel accessory. Bought that to help move the 75 gal which we ended up doing today. The move went pretty smooth. We were able to lift/push it to another wall for now so once the Waterbox comes in we can start right away.

I started putting together all the Rodi system filters and gadgets together and my supply water line came out to be 3" short to faucet. I am just going to use a SS tubing union to make up the difference. Looking forward to start making some water

The caribsea shapes were packaged pretty well. I think only one piece broke but not entirely positive it was one piece. I am happy with the purchase. With this additional rocks I decided to change up my aquascape some. I will eventually have coral and the way I had it didn't look like I had great room for them. I will try to take pic tomorrow of the new scape which I really like.

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the new aquascape. Let me know opinions

118C04DB-27AD-4496-BA99-97087500B944.jpeg

C50C9D00-0C3A-4DDA-AE7A-0EAEC74F2B0C.jpeg

69C986D1-68D2-432F-A570-5C7FFF32F37E.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emailed Waterbox asking if they had an ETA on my tank and they responded within an hour. The week of Feb 13th is when the tank should be headed my direction. Feels a little more real now

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I was hoping an ebay 10% deal would pop up soon but it was just 5% today. This week my tank is supposed to start heading my way but I haven't gotten the official notice yet. I ordered a few things today:

From ebay with 5% ebay bucks:
Neptune Cor-20 pump
(2) MP40Q-wd

From Amazon:
(3) 250mL of Bio Spira

From Saltwateraquarium.com
(1) Mega Vegi Mag
(2) 40 lb Caribsea Special Grade Dry Sand

edit: I am still debating on a clarisea filter roller or not. I have never had a sump before so just based on reading others posts changing out filter socks is a pain. I have read people take out the socks and use cups and filter floss and that will last a little longer. Also read some people don't use anything. I really hate modifying the brand new sump to take out filter socks compartment to make room for the filter roller but figured it would be much easier now with no water in the sump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
decided to go ahead and buy a couple more items from ebay:

Kasa smart 6-outlet wi-fi power plug strip
inkbird wifi temperature controller ITC-306A

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to come up with a stocking list and order I should add. I will be buying all my fish from TSM aquatics or Marine Collectors. It will be pricey but I am willing to pay for the expert QT ability.

Stocking:
(3) yellow tangs
(1) blue tang
(1) Powderblue tang (maybe)
(2) osc. clownfish- will have to ask for these since they just carry designer clowns

now I am open to suggestions for wrasses. I will have sand and do have a couple cleaner shrimp so they cant eat the shrimp. I have read Cirrhilabrus type and Paracheilinus type are good. There are just sooo many options for each type. I am thinking 5-6 total?
Cirrhilabrus type- Cirrhilabrus lubbocki, Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, Cirrhilabrus naokoae, Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura and Cirrhilabrus katherinae. Think I am good using this https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.352/

(3) Lyretail anthias
(5) Azure Damselfish

Thinking that is a good list? I will have coral on sandbed so I don't think I should add any gobies. Maybe a couple cardinal fish but I don't need to have them.

My next hurdle in my head is how I should add them. I have read you should add tangs at once but that seems like a lot to add at once for a newer tank. My order maybe would be:
1-clownfish
2-damselfish
3-one type of wrasse
4-other type of wrasse
5- anthias
6-all the tangs

Would a month between each addition be sufficient? Open to suggestions and critiques. My rock work will be pretty low so they all should have plenty of swim room.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been impatiently waiting and checking my emails every hour for the last week and just now it happened...….I got the freight release email! This is going on week 8 from when I ordered the tank and can't wait for it to get here so I can start.

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the email my tank has shipped! Might be taking off work Monday for tank delivery. They are supposed to call to set that up.

Went to Lowes today to get the plumbing parts to connect the Cor-20 to the 1" vinyl hose that WB provides. Complete waste of time. Went on bulkreefsupply and ordered the fittings so they will be here Friday. I ordered the following:

Schedule 80 Reducing Bushing 1 1/4” Spigot x 1” Slip
1" Pipe Adapter Spigot x Barb

I even called them to verify it will work so hopefully it does. I also ordered:
Ratchet Clamp for 1” Tubing
Tiger Shark Float Plus
Deepsee Magnified Magnetic Viewer 4"

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well yesterday was a disappointing day. UPS called me Monday and asked if Wednesday between 3-6 would work. I was counting down the hours til it got to that day. 2:30 comes around and I was hoping they would maybe get there early.....nope. 3:00 comes around and nothing. 4:00 nothing. 5:00 nothing. This last hour I check out the window every 10 min hoping I would see the truck.....nothing. At 6:40 I call UPS asking for update and they said to call back in another 20 min and they will try to get info. I get a call at 6:55 from UPS driver and is boss asking if I have a pallet jack. I'm like a normal person so I do not. The driver said the pallet is broke where he can't unload it and they will have to take it back to put a new pallet on. It was a complete waste of an evening hanging around the house. UPS is supposed to call me today to set up a new drop off day.

Also I live in a subdivision where the streets aren't the widest and the driver was asking me if a 48 ft trailer can fit. Told him no clue since people park in the streets instead of their driveways and in evening they will be home instead of work. Hopefully they can make it happen

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well yesterday was a disappointing day. UPS called me Monday and asked if Wednesday between 3-6 would work. I was counting down the hours til it got to that day. 2:30 comes around and I was hoping they would maybe get there early.....nope. 3:00 comes around and nothing. 4:00 nothing. 5:00 nothing. This last hour I check out the window every 10 min hoping I would see the truck.....nothing. At 6:40 I call UPS asking for update and they said to call back in another 20 min and they will try to get info. I get a call at 6:55 from UPS driver and is boss asking if I have a pallet jack. I'm like a normal person so I do not. The driver said the pallet is broke where he can't unload it and they will have to take it back to put a new pallet on. It was a complete waste of an evening hanging around the house. UPS is supposed to call me today to set up a new drop off day.

Also I live in a subdivision where the streets aren't the widest and the driver was asking me if a 48 ft trailer can fit. Told him no clue since people park in the streets instead of their driveways and in evening they will be home instead of work. Hopefully they can make it happen

We had issues with UP as well. Hoping the delivery goes smoothly for you!

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a call about an hour ago from UPS saying they have been trying to reach me to drop off tank. Luckily my wife doesn’t work so she was at home. Told her to wear her best yoga pants and it saved me $20. She said she didn’t see any scratches on anything

D43B57ED-F9D2-4D80-8946-E004C1EF7965.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some questions:

How high in the overflow box should the water be? Right under the emergency drain or just above the full siphon?

Should the refugium and protein skimmer section have the same amount of water in it? One drains into the other so it has a waterfall sound.

What is the correct way to set the return pump and main drain gate valve? Set the return pump to desired flow rate then adjust gate valve to whatever the answer to my first question is?

I did/am having to return the ehiem heaters and got a couple finnex heaters ordered from bulk reef supply. The ehiems were just too long

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to put together the mounting stand and the AI hydra 32 HD lights last night. WOW those are some horrible instructions. Why wouldn't you have an updated instruction flip booklet and video on your site? I just did 2 of them and will do the other 2 when I get off work today. Lights do look good though. I have never had good lights before so I am pretty impressed.

They have you run one of the cables through the brackets in the channel at the beginning. I did it this way but it just leaves a bundle of cables and just looks sloppy. Looking at everyone's photos online it has a clean look so no way people were doing it like that but I couldn't tell 100%. Instead I put together the whole stand/mounted light and just had the one cable bracketed to the stand on the outside.

tank5.jpg

Back