OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Plenty to find in the forums.
1667863512921.gif
Hi Steve, Thank you, definitely well done. Hope my tank does that. I like purple! Cheers! Kurt

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r Kurt and good luck
Hi Ying Yang. I have an old bird print by a Brit named John Gould. One of his best prints is the most perfect ting yang position of a pair of snowy owls done by Joseph Wolf who is often thought as the all time best animal painter of all time. Gee, Liverpool, that name sounds familiar. I was a huge Beatles fan in high school. John was my favorite and I still can't listen to him any more, it's just so sad. But I still rock with my 2 favorite groups that still rock fine after all these years. "The Who" and "The Stones". I've seen "The OO" three types in the last 6 years and Roger with full orchestra and Katie Jacobie. She's perfect. Plus The Who are a band again, thank Roger for making Zach Starkey their drummer. He is so close to Keith. Oh, this thread is about fish in the sea. Well, I'll listen to "Octopuses Garden". Cheers Kurt

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,LeannaBanana, We are just big sacks of saltwater. Go visit the sea and you're going home.When I was a little kid living in Lincroft, N.J., Mom would take us to the beach every week day during the summer. I remember the long jetty, where many people fished. I remember they used to catch the sea robins and sand sharks and threw them on the beach to die. Well, at 4 years old, I refused to let those fish die. So my first marine job was collecting the fish, taking them far from the pier and letting them go. Some things don't have to change! Cheers, Kurt

I love this story! I grew up near the beach, shore fishing for recreation (catch and release, or sometimes catch and eat depending on what it was), and later in teen life volunteered at a local aquarium where I gave presentations on horseshoe crabs, whelks (knobbed vs lightning vs channeled), and shore fish like sea robins, spot, croaker, etc. Sea robins have always been a personal favorite of mine, it's funny that you mentioned them!! :star-struck:

Full circle, now my own teen is obsessed with the ocean, wants to tag sharks with Ocearch, and is our resident-in-chief of all things ocean. But has slim interest in the SW aquarium. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Can't wait to see your tank!

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this story! I grew up near the beach, shore fishing for recreation (catch and release, or sometimes catch and eat depending on what it was), and later in teen life volunteered at a local aquarium where I gave presentations on horseshoe crabs, whelks (knobbed vs lightning vs channeled), and shore fish like sea robins, spot, croaker, etc. Sea robins have always been a personal favorite of mine, it's funny that you mentioned them!! :star-struck:

Full circle, now my own teen is obsessed with the ocean, wants to tag sharks with Ocearch, and is our resident-in-chief of all things ocean. But has slim interest in the SW aquarium. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Can't wait to see your tank!
There was a period of time when I would have tried to persuade him to choose a different career. But these days are really harder, Corporations are ripping us all off and I would rather go on welfare than to go slave for them. One needs to consider tuition cost. We are definitely being ***** here. I went to dental School at Georgetown. Yes, tuition was high, but starting a practice , one could still make a living. I warn everyone do not become a healthcare provider, no physician, dentist, nurse, tech,dental hygienist etc. I just retired early, to get the hell out. If you son loves the ocean, he can make a good living, but he needs to be good and work hard. He needs to get a PhD and have a teaching background. Either do teaching/research at the University level or work for the Federal Government, NOAA for example. That's what I would do. Cheeers! Kurt

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
You didn't happen to have a day-glow poster from the early Seventies (that was cool in 7th grade) with two vultures sitting in a dead tree with a cattle skull in the foreground and one of the vultures says exactly that to the other. I still have one of those! My dad used the frame and painted the other side. I still like the vultures better. Cheers! May your tomorrow be a day-glow day. Kurt

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t you stick around St. Petersburg when you saw it was a time for a change

killed the Tzar and his ministers

Anastasia screamed in vain?
Excellent, If I was anywhere near St. Petersburg, I'd leave A.S.A.P.. This has gone on far too long, I wouldn't be surprised that we and our N.A.T.O. friends take Putin down. There is no longer any out for him other maybe his ashes might help raise CA levels. Putin, A psychomaniac, thinks way to highly of Russia. We always overestimated their military abilities as the U.S.S.R.. Hey, it's good for our defense firms. Hey! I'm no war monger, I'm no bad brained bear and you're no scared eyed honey. I say roll the tumbling dice. The hand of fate is on us now, but it feels alright to send the little weasel faced freak off to join together with the band. Hope, we don't get fooled again, I don't even know myself. Ain't got no worries, we won't slip kid, just play that banjo for those in Yellow and Blue. Americans could learn a lot from them. Give UKRAINE full N.A.T.O. status and watch the great Russian army fight how they fight best: ****, steal, shoot lots of civilians and make sure your gear is in reverse. Regards, Kurt

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent, If I was anywhere near St. Petersburg, I'd leave A.S.A.P.. This has gone on far too long, I wouldn't be surprised that we and our N.A.T.O. friends take Putin down. There is no longer any out for him other maybe his ashes might help raise CA levels. Putin, A psychomaniac, thinks way to highly of Russia. We always overestimated their military abilities as the U.S.S.R.. Hey, it's good for our defense firms. Hey! I'm no war monger, I'm no bad brained bear and you're no scared eyed honey. I say roll the tumbling dice. The hand of fate is on us now, but it feels alright to send the little weasel faced freak off to join together with the band. Hope, we don't get fooled again, I don't even know myself. Ain't got no worries, we won't slip kid, just play that banjo for those in Yellow and Blue. Americans could learn a lot from them. Give UKRAINE full N.A.T.O. status and watch the great Russian army fight how they fight best: ****, steal, shoot lots of civilians and make sure your gear is in reverse. Regards, Kurt
Agree, but I was just adding the lyrics to The Rolling Stones song Sympathy fo the Devil which you quoted “ Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name.” Im guessing we are close in age for you to post that. What night is pudding night in your nursing home, mine is Tuesdays, I’m so excited for tomorrow!

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Me? Im confused but that happens a lot at my age!
Been dazed and confused for so long I can't even remember the lyrics to this song. I have all their albums, but Zep was more a phase that lasted 1and 1\2 years. I guess a good bit better than some of our fishes. Plus, with Jimmy's and Robert's interest in The Trilogy, which I never read. That got me real far. When the first trilogy movie came out, we took our son to see it. I remember it was January and a bit cold. The dang theatre had the air-conditioner on. That movie just went on and on and I'm freezing to death. The whole movie takes place in the Misty Mountains (I would move A.S.A.P.). Finally, after 2 and 1/2 hours the movie is over, no ending, just over, hey it's a triogy, no ending. So, with no ending I ended up stating: screw ZEP and The Trilogy. I'm freezing right now just thinking about it all. Cheers! Kurt

'

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, but I was just adding the lyrics to The Rolling Stones song Sympathy fo the Devil which you quoted “ Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name.” Im guessing we are close in age for you to post that. What night is pudding night in your nursing home, mine is Tuesdays, I’m so excited for tomorrow!
If they try to serve that same disgusting phenol flavored carcinogen again, we decided we're all going out to the hallway in our chairs dumping our goo as we go. Then it's going to be bumper car time until last car standing. Good night! Kurt

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ying Yang. I have an old bird print by a Brit named John Gould. One of his best prints is the most perfect ting yang position of a pair of snowy owls done by Joseph Wolf who is often thought as the all time best animal painter of all time. Gee, Liverpool, that name sounds familiar. I was a huge Beatles fan in high school. John was my favorite and I still can't listen to him any more, it's just so sad. But I still rock with my 2 favorite groups that still rock fine after all these years. "The Who" and "The Stones". I've seen "The OO" three types in the last 6 years and Roger with full orchestra and Katie Jacobie. She's perfect. Plus The Who are a band again, thank Roger for making Zach Starkey their drummer. He is so close to Keith. Oh, this thread is about fish in the sea. Well, I'll listen to "Octopuses Garden". Cheers Kurt
Yeah I live in Liverpool, same area that Ringo star from the beatles grew up in,about 6 streets away to be exact, been in liverpool 15 years but I'm from 2 counties over ( yorkshire) but Liverpool is beautiful city and beatles way before my time but they had quite a few songs that are timeless and good no matter how long ago they made them.

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I live in Liverpool, same area that Ringo star from the beatles grew up in,about 6 streets away to be exact, been in liverpool 15 years but I'm from 2 counties over ( yorkshire) but Liverpool is beautiful city and beatles way before my time but they had quite a few songs that are timeless and good no matter how long ago they made them.
You're there where all that incredible history evolved. I saw The Beatles when I was 5 years old on The Ed Sullivan Show. You would be too young to know this, but when I mentioned about Zach Starkey saving The Who. Zach is Ringo's son. In fact I like Zach's style of drumming much better over Ringo's. Cheeeeers! Kurt

OP
OP
F

Feartheturtle!22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm to young remember ,I was born in 78 but dad was in army so lived all over Europe until 16 .
Yeah Liverpool got lots off history and lots off tourist stuff in this city indeed
Hi Ying Yang, Just go on to You-Tube. Put in for The Who. There is video for virtually every show they have done for the last 6 years. Check out the dyed blond haired bloke on the sticks. That's Zach Starkey. Keith Moon, rock's best drummer of all time and Ringo (Zach's father) were best friends and Ringo decided to make Keith Moon, Zach's God-Father. Mind you, the 2 original members of The Who are in their late Seventies, Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey. Listen to the power Roger's voice still presents. Cheeeeers! Kurt

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's true you learn something every day ^_^
What are they classed as ? Is it mods or just rockers I wonder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-213327_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-213327_Google.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20221108-213332_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-213332_Google.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back