0   0   0
welcome.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, guys! Thanks for the add and the invite to introduce myself.

I'm in Atlanta, though I'm from Mexico City, and I'm rediscovering the hobby. I had made one attempt to have a salt water tank in the 90s, before LEDs were even heard of; when keeping coral in your tank meant finding the coolest looking bleached, coral skeletons you could find; checking your parameters was testing for nitrates, nitrates, pH and shrugging having no idea what they meant; you would fish-cycle your tank with mollies; power heads were used to drive your under gravel filtration systems; only substrate available was ground coral... LOL.

I've been fascinated by how the hobby has evolved and how the internet has made it so much easier than getting all my info from the one book I had back them. I've been reading you all (can't avoid it when every google search I do to learn brings me to this community for the right answers).

I'm a cancer survivor with two businesses to run and three little kids to live for (just finished treatment, recovering and in full remission hopefully forever). I was suggested to get a hobby to relax. So building my reef tank (prior wife permission obtained, if anyone can relate) was a great way to do this (fingers crossed I won't get to obsessed and start stressing over it). I just started my RedSea 200XL reefer four months ago and I'm enjoying taking it slowly and researching the heck out of any next step before I take it. I was invited to post about my tank next, which I'll do, and hopefully I can link it to this thread.

Looking forward to learning from you and maybe meeting sometime at a local coral swap.

God bless you all!

- Enrique.
Welcome!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back