The 40b Sps Dom

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finish the first bar I will work on the second bar cuz it time for me to get sum rest got long. Ill let my good friend take care of the wiring because I don't have any lol

It's coming together nicely though ! You are getting there .. slowly but surely ... Following !

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I finish the second bar. To be honest It didn't take me long to put em together at all. All is left to do is wiring and it will be a piece of cake. No soldering needed n have to admit tht I love using the bjb connector they so easy to work with n give a much cleaner look and the best part is the star will still look nice after I take em apart.

Attachments

• image-1770355969.jpg
    image-1770355969.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3595602715.jpg
    image-3595602715.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 192

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I finish the second bar. To be honest It didn't take me long to put em together at all. All is left to do is wiring and it will be a piece of cake. No soldering needed n have to admit tht I love using the bjb connector they so easy to work with n give a much cleaner look and the best part is the star will still look nice after I take em apart.

Looking good indeed and I am glad that you say that it was easy to put them together.

budissy24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank, can't wait to see how the leds do for you, you going to have alot of sps or lps in the tank

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I got the led wired up n mounted it took awhile to figure out why it wasn't powering up n I found the culprit it the washer tht preventing the bjb connector from touching the gold pad on the star. So here the pics

image-1462047228.jpg

Yeah I notice the shadow on both side of the tank. It the bar tht is holding up the heatsink is blocking the lights. I'm kinda happy how it turn out overall

Attachments

• image-2028597631.jpg
    image-2028597631.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 176
  • image-195113746.jpg
    image-195113746.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 182
OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be adding some red n violet led soon and moonlight maybe some high noon led if it not getting enough growth and add 2 t5 on each sides. I will be making a proper fixture to house all those light.

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to change up te system some. Instead of adding on to an resisting system we are going to put it on its own sump. This is to allow the water to be cleaner for the sps coral that will become housed here.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to change up te system some. Instead of adding on to an resisting system we are going to put it on its own sump. This is to allow the water to be cleaner for the sps coral that will become housed here.
Yes, adding a sump is a great idea IME to increase the amount of water and reduce the bioload per gallon indeed. Excellent idea.

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, adding a sump is a great idea IME to increase the amount of water and reduce the bioload per gallon indeed. Excellent idea.

We did have the 40g sump use by two other 40g display but right now just have each system get it own sump instead of sharing

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did have the 40g sump use by two other 40g display but right now just have each system get it own sump instead of sharing

That is IMO a better way to go indeed and gives you more control over each individual DT + more water in each system and a lower bioload per gallon in each as well. Good move IMO

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is IMO a better way to go indeed and gives you more control over each individual DT + more water in each system and a lower bioload per gallon in each as well. Good move IMO

Yeah. And I know at the end of the year I will have to move so this would make it easier to do where I don't have to move two displays and stands and all the other stuff in one day. I can move one then set it back up. Then the other the next day.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. And I know at the end of the year I will have to move so this would make it easier to do where I don't have to move two displays and stands and all the other stuff in one day. I can move one then set it back up. Then the other the next day.

Was not aware of the move but you are right now you do not have to take it all down but as you say you can do one, and then maybe the next day the other one. Excellent for you. Far easier.

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we are going to have a baby girl in June and then at the end of October we are moving to a bigger place. But with the bigger place I can build a better setup for the tanks.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we are going to have a baby girl in June and then at the end of October we are moving to a bigger place. But with the bigger place I can build a better setup for the tanks.

Wow that is super. Congratulations Daddy and the same wishes to the Mommy ... and make sure you start teaching the Baby all about Reefkeeping right from the start ! : - )

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow time for major update! been so busy with life. So far lot of things it happening with the tank now for example it running it own sump and manage to raise the led up to avoid the annoying shadows, and add some corals. as for right now i will do my best to avoid buying coral online with the hobbyist seem to have bad luck with it. so now i got new car and be able to be able get it locally. so here the pics.

OP
OP
dorky

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image-3220291105.jpg

Ora red planet

image-2085628505.jpg

Some type of monti n cobalt efflo

image-630938759.jpg

Chili pepper monti

image-3094173865.jpg

Brown out milli the colors are comming bck beautifully

image-2060661670.jpg

Pink eyes chalice

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back