The Angel Lovers Thread

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
43403e953c26ac21c4747b7a49863089.jpg
Any aggresion between the emperor and queen? Trying to decide if i should add an emporor with my queen.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand all dwarf angels can eat corals. I also understand that some of them can be aggressive and tank bullies. I'm looking for one to add as the final fish to my 46 gallon mixed reef tank that will set me up for the fewest headaches.

Rest of my planned stocking list:
pair of juvenile occy clowns (only fish I currently have)
melanarus wrasse
vanderbuilt chromis
flasher wrasse
bicolor blenny

The angels I've thought about are the coral beauty, flame, flameback, or cherub, but i'm open to other suggestions as well.
Recommendations?
My flameback and multicolor never touch corals but make sure you add the flameback last if you put him in, mines really aggressive

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth in 20 years I've never had a dwarf angel that didn't eat coral.

The two main contributing factors that help limit that eating seems to be having a steady supply of food, say nori in a large clip. You can also have a fish that is more aggressive than the angel to keep it in check.
You have much more experience than me but I’ve had a flameback and multicolor for a couple of years and they never touched anything.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try rubberbanding the sponge to a rock, along with some of the other foods you have available? Perhaps a nori / frozen-food "burrito"? See if you can get his face next to some other tasty morsels, and hope he manages to get a taste of the good things on offer ... before beach / sponge collecting season ends!

~B.

Joem820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to make this Regal eat, almost a month after the quarantine and still doesn’t eat prepared food, only this sponge that I sometimes collect on a beach. Very shy fish. Sometimes he seems to be afraid of the food IMG_20210515_181935.jpg
When I had a Regal, the way I got him to start eating was to get whole clams on the shell. After a couple of weeks of that he was willing to take certain frozen cubes (though I never got him to take pellets or other "prepared" foods).

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try rubberbanding the sponge to a rock, along with some of the other foods you have available? Perhaps a nori / frozen-food "burrito"? See if you can get his face next to some other tasty morsels, and hope he manages to get a taste of the good things on offer ... before beach / sponge collecting season ends!

~B.
Looks good but the other fishes are very agressive to eat and the Regal have not time enouth to try. I tried put the frozen food inside his cave but stil dont eating

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a Regal, the way I got him to start eating was to get whole clams on the shell. After a couple of weeks of that he was willing to take certain frozen cubes (though I never got him to take pellets or other "prepared" foods).
Today I offer clams on open shell and didnt eat. He is spending too much time inside his cave. I believe that have nothing much more to do ):

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I QT my Regal angel to condition him, I have a small stick in the cave and move it to disturb him to get him out of the cave when I need to so he can eat.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did he eat in quarantine?
Yes, fresh food as clams and sponges. Sometimes pellets on surface. After two weeks on display he stopped. Today morning was transfer to hospital and start with metronidazole but hi is very apathetic.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back