The Angel Lovers Thread

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add another Angel even though I already have a med/large Blue face?

IMG_3634 (3).jpg

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In 250G and up, you can keep multiple large angel if none of them are mean. I had a BF for 2 years and he was the BEST, never attached even once to any of 6 dwarf and 3 largw angels I added ... so it depends on tank size and your BF angel temperament.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot woot! What are the dimensions if you don’t mind?

Among the Reef is a cool site but I by far prefer captive bred fish. Their captive bred Genicanthus Personatus costs a totally affordable 17 grand!

I love the Bandit Angel too. If only Bali Aquarich could captive breed them on a commercial scale. Poma Labs would also do well to get their hands on some broodstock for Regal, Goldflake, Tiger, and Bandit Angels.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zionas, I remember the anecdote of Copps several years ago, about Frank Baensch who was close to raising C. hotumatua, that would have been crazy but unfortunately it was not the case, the situation with the bandit angelfish can be similar to some extent, subtropical fish, and finicky in maintenance, although C.hotumatua required even colder water.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when the Waikiki Aquarium managed to acquire a wild specimen of the Easter Island Pygmy Angel, Hotuamatua was a very shy fish for them and it just disappeared after a few years. My books (you have them too) by Scott W. Michael says they don’t do too well in captivity. Bandits might be found in shallower water in the northeastern part of the Hawaii Islands but in the main islands yes I think they are most common below 45-50m (150-170 feet).

There’s lots of amazing fish that are unfortunately hard to produce in large numbers. I would be glad seeing more Centropyge and Chaetodontoplus, for example, as a start. If Genicanthus can be mass produced in captivity would also be great.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just imagine G.semifasciatus raised in captivity, unreal. Well I think the reason why C.hotumatua is so absolutely rarely found in the hobby is due to its location on the map, very far away, in addition to its very cold water requirements, Copps did not want to adopt the partner that Frank had, He even had to refuse to try to keep them. If I remember correctly, the Hotumatua angelfish from the Waikiki Aquarium was kept alongside a Golden Angelfish that was pretty cryptic too ?? I don't remember that very well, and neither did I remember where I read it.

gary collins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add another Angel even though I already have a med/large Blue face?

IMG_3634 (3).jpg
you can, buy the smallest full juvenile you can get,they will ignore each other completely buttt :) when they are full adult colours the trouble may start or not i have had 3 together,have 2 at the moment in an 700 gallon tank,but 1 is sectionied off due to aggression.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back