The Angel Lovers Thread

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Maldives Regal pair when their tank was still in a presentable state.

About two years later (possibly earlier) they were already spawning:

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hard to get pics or videos of my Tigerpyge. Looks like it's stripes are getting darker.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love tigerpyge, I remember several years ago in RC when a guy who was new to it thought about getting it and did, it was a rare fish back then, not as widely available as it is now (still not a common fish though), so yes... that thread was a real fire.

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love tigerpyge, I remember several years ago in RC when a guy who was new to it thought about getting it and did, it was a rare fish back then, not as widely available as it is now (still not a common fish though), so yes... that thread was a real fire.
Yeah it's more available now but still in small numbers. It's been fun watching it develop. Definitely brighter then when I 1st got it.

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I remember that and people on RC gave him a lot of grief for it. All because his grandpa at the time bought everything for him.

Anthony

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember that and people on RC gave him a lot of grief for it. All because his grandpa at the time bought everything for him.

Anthony
That's right, there was a bit of everything in that thread, it seemed that Jake Adams was one of those who was most upset at that time and it seemed that it was something like everyone against him... well, but there were also a lot of people who supported the new guy, although I think that fish had a good life.

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, there was a bit of everything in that thread, it seemed that Jake Adams was one of those who was most upset at that time and it seemed that it was something like everyone against him... well, but there were also a lot of people who supported the new guy, although I think that fish had a good life.

Ya I believe he had for a bit then sold it. I think he also had a candy basslet pair. To this day it was one of the best specimens I’ve ever seen.

Anthony

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anthony
Ahhh man that sucks for the guy. People seem to always get upset at how other people spend their money or in this case grandpa's money lol

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cute multibar little girl is probably my top 5 favorite in my angelfish collection. She so tiny but very striking

Last edited:

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cute multibar little girl is probably my top 5 favorite in my angelfish collection. She so tiny but very striking
That little guy looks healthy and fat, absolutely gorgeous, probably the cutest Multibar juvenile angelfish I've ever seen, what size tank do you have him in? And what water circulation are you using?

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That little guy looks healthy and fat, absolutely gorgeous, probably the cutest Multibar juvenile angelfish I've ever seen, what size tank do you have him in? And what water circulation are you using?
Thanks she's in a 84x30x24 260g display. I run 5 mp40s in their currently

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome, do you have a full tank picture handy? I couldn’t get the videos to play for some reason.

Anthony
20230104_181224.jpg Screenshot_20221229_093013_Gallery.jpg

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! That's a pretty enviable system. Nice angelfish tank. Yes you have a lot of flow with those 5 MP40, I read a while ago that Kevin Kohen considers high flow inside the tank vital to keep Paracentropyge species successful in the long term, I honestly don't know why, since I couldn't find more information beyond the comment of another user, but in the case of him it must be true.

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to bribe my wife to move her office up stairs so I can make this my aqua cave lol

Hahah, I’ve used all my bribes just to get this tank lol. Slowly working on getting the spare bedroom turned into a “office”. Would like to set up and do my own qt instead of having someone else do it for me.

Anthony

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah, I’ve used all my bribes just to get this tank lol. Slowly working on getting the spare bedroom turned into a “office”. Would like to set up and do my own qt instead of having someone else do it for me.

Anthony
Oh man.. I'm so done with QT lol. I was maintaining 4 seperate Qt for my angels for 5-6 months. So over it lol

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! That's a pretty enviable system. Nice angelfish tank. Yes you have a lot of flow with those 5 MP40, I read a while ago that Kevin Kohen considers high flow inside the tank vital to keep Paracentropyge species successful in the long term, I honestly don't know why, since I couldn't find more information beyond the comment of another user, but in the case of him it must be true.
I Iike alot of flow in my systems. It's why all have been bate bottom. I am planning to try and grow sps with these angels lol. Working on improving my water parameters 1st.

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man.. I'm so done with QT lol. I was maintaining 4 seperate Qt for my angels for 5-6 months. So over it lol

That’s a lot of extra tanks to take care of. I was going to try one 40g breeder. But as I said before I used up my bribes lol. So it’s all dependent on the “office” angle lol. My plan is to try SPS with my angels as well.

Anthony

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back