The Angel Lovers Thread

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my cherub angel. So active, eats like a pig, is clearly intelligent, and spends all day pecking rockwork.

20230128_154107.jpg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clams or scolies in this tank?
Nope, but it's shown no interest in feather dusters, nems, or softies which is what I keep. I feed 4-6x a day which helps homie is ROUND. I still say tread lightly. They taste everything, and if it's irresistible like a tasty clam or one of the more appetizing lps your mileage may vary

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chunky False Pereonifer and Scribbled. These 2 are always front and center.

Crazy how fearless Aussie angels are. Remind me of Bandits….

I just got a Regal from the LFS yesterday. It ate at the store and it's eating in my tank (both yesterday and today) so I feel like that's a big hurdle already crossed.

My question is, they're not supposed to be active fish are they? Mine just hangs out under the arches of some rock. I don't think it's "hiding" because when it's scared it actually does go to a different enclosed space (and that's where it sleeps). Just kinda chills in one spot. Is this normal? Looks and behaves healthy otherwise.

I’ve owned 5x regals and they’ve all been shy at first. Same behavior as yours for the first few months. Let her settle in and she’ll be out more.

th365thli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy how fearless Aussie angels are. Remind me of Bandits….

I’ve owned 5x regals and they’ve all been shy at first. Same behavior as yours for the first few months. Let her settle in and she’ll be out more.

Unfortunately it passed away. I think when I added a bunch of new fish from an order, it got stressed. It was either that or some unknown illness or both. It had some white/gray cyst looking things at the base of the tail. The day after new fish were added it was on the rock/sandbed breathing fast and heavy, and lethargic. I thought it was flukes.

I gave it a freshwater dip but I think that harmed it more. In the future, I'll only freshwater dip lively fish. In retrospect I should've used Ruby Rally Pro bath, but I didn't have any on hand.

It was gray belly Indonesia variant. I heard those can be iffy due to collection methods. I have a Red Sea yellow belly being quarantined by Dr Reef right now. I asked them to make sure it was eating heartily.

I think in the future, in a new tank scenario, I'd get them first, and wait more than the week I waited. I thought a week was enought to get it settled down (as it was eating mysis readily). Then I'd add one fish at a time. And make sure the specimen you get it is very robust. Again mine had some weird growths, who knows if it was anything serious.

I have an acclimation box for the Red Sea regal on order. Hopefully it can settle in. I have a separate observation tank in case as well.

It was my favorite fish in the tank, just a gorgeous specimen. Bummed me out for days when it died. Lessons learned.

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bunt for a bellus angel-thinking it will be elusive, have my lfs on the hunt for the last month, found 1 but was over $300

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indonesian and Philippines collection still present issues in terms of cyanide use. I’m not surprised that happens with people’s Grey Belly (Regals) and other angels from those regions. Luck of the draw. Best hope is to wait for more species available as CB fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ikea is getting nice and thick.
She definitely is!
Half of it is from these two sponges thriving in my sump. They both throw out young sponges into the sump and I have now got 50-100 smaller sponges that are cream and yellow in my display that she picks at throughout the day.
E5BCEDCD-AE7C-40EF-A0DD-42A3FDDC297B.jpeg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She definitely is!
Half of it is from these two sponges thriving in my sump. They both throw out young sponges into the sump and I have now got 50-100 smaller sponges that are cream and yellow in my display that she picks at throughout the day.
E5BCEDCD-AE7C-40EF-A0DD-42A3FDDC297B.jpeg
I have sponges in my sump. Hmmmm....

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sponges in my sump. Hmmmm....
I want more in my sump haha, it’s just becoming a collection… Similarly to my clams (Although, I don’t know what I’ll do with my deresa once it grows out of my nano… Ikea may like it a bit too much).

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know but there will be plenty of people that keep angles on r2r. I’ve never kept any angles but by them photos I might of been missing out

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the Joy's of photobucket

Work now. Wow! What is the orange one with the operculum and eye highlight?
I think they call it the super orange cocosensis royal angelfish and it has a price tag of 10000!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back