IMG_2711.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 27

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good you should do it . Are most angels fairly easy or hard to keep . Between these and the wrasses you’ve got me thinking LOL
Angels are generally easy with some anomalies such as the regal Angel :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think I ever posted here again lol. Guess that’s what happens when you’re at Frank’s and in the Wrasse Lovers all day lol. I’ll chip in mine
1675639602793.png

@nano man uk I recommend one of these guys if you want to take the plunge with an Angel.

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may actually be the cocosensis Angel with a high orange colour (Likely the camera).

Could be
cocos-lemonpeel-angelfish-4.jpg

Or this
Screenshot_20230205_105346_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully @icemountain can clear up this mystery.

Looks the same just different colour and that one not to pricey

It’s a Coco’s Lemonpeel. See them in lots once a year, if that. Few $$$ more than a regular lemon without the extra color IMO. That picture is from this article:

Nman

Coast Line
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think I ever posted here again lol. Guess that’s what happens when you’re at Frank’s and in the Wrasse Lovers all day lol. I’ll chip in mine
1675639602793.png

@nano man uk I recommend one of these guys if you want to take the plunge with an Angel.
If you don’t mind what is this angles common name

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Lemonpeel is just a regional variant and not the variant from Cocos-Keeling and Christmas Island. Only the latter have a blue iris. The true “Tigerpyge” hybrid is the hybrid that naturally occurs between the Eibli on the very eastern fringes of its range, where it forms mixed species pairs and harems with the Christmas Island / Cocos-Keeling variant of the Lemonpeel. The “Tigerpyge” hybrids from Bali Aquarich use the Polynesian / Melanesian variant AKA the regular Lemonpeel that don’t have the blue iris.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t mind what is this angles common name
It’s a little tricky lol. It’s a hybrid. Cross between the rarest Black Phantom, and the not so common Black Velvet. It’s a natural occurring hybrid. Yet super super hard to find, with the Black Phantom Angel being one of the rarest in the world. I’ve just put it as a Black Phantom Velvet. But don’t let that discourage you. Since it’s a cross basically all the traits from both fish are passed on. So any Black Velvet will give you around the same character and hardiness. This is a tricky pool to dive into, as so many of these angels look alike, there’s like 5 other types, and have natural occurring hybrids. Hopefully you find one. If you want some care tips and some experience I’ll be happy to help.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their closest relative seems to be C. Septentrionalis, the Blue Line Angel which is pretty common in Japan, China and Taiwan although its entire range is unknown and the Vietnamese specimens look a bit different. They’re one of my favorite angels and one or more members of the “Velvet” Angels frequently hybridize with the Blue Line, the hybrids of which are sometimes known as “C. Cephalareticulatus” and “C. Chrysocephalus.” Hybrid phenotypes range from a more exaggerated and wildly patterned Blue Line-leaning, to an almost entirely Black / Grey Velvet appearance and many in-between. The taxonomy of this group is murky to say the least.

The hybrids are called “Maze Angels” and the ones with more flashy patterns are pretty amazing.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their closest relative seems to be C. Septentrionalis, the Blue Line Angel which is pretty common in Japan, China and Taiwan although its entire range is unknown and the Vietnamese specimens look a bit different. They’re one of my favorite angels and one or more members of the “Velvet” Angels frequently hybridize with the Blue Line, the hybrids of which are sometimes known as “C. Cephalareticulatus” and “C. Chrysocephalus.” Hybrid phenotypes range from a more exaggerated and wildly patterned Blue Line-leaning, to an almost entirely Black / Grey Velvet appearance and many in-between. The taxonomy of this group is murky to say the least.

The hybrids are called “Maze Angels” and the ones with more flashy patterns are pretty amazing.
I’ve seen those and the Blue Line is one of my favorite angels. I’m considering adding one to my tank, but I think I’m going to go Regal or a larger wrasse.

Maze angels are cool. Especially the conspic and blue line cross.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back