The Angel Lovers Thread

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have always wanted to keep a Regal angel and a majestic, they are my dream fish. I have set up a 4x18”x2 ft tank, I know they will out grow the tank eventually and I will most likely upgrade to a bigger tank but for now this tank will do. I’m going for a mix reef and keeping in mind to avoid some species of corals I have a couple o questions for those who have keep this fish.

1. How fast do they grow?
2. I know they could nip at corals but does this includes species like Trachy,indophilias, cynarina, clams?
2. I’m planning on adding the regal has one of the first fish so he gets the time to settle down but I was wondering if I put him first and the start to add corals, will he view them has food?
3. Also I would love to keep a clam and I have heard clams on a shell often work to get them to eat, will this most likely result in a diner for the regal when I introduce a clam?

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Thank you!!!

(Photo so you can see what their home will look like, thank is now cycled and with his first fishes)

Attachments

• 1929B246-B108-4B0D-B619-B8C36C9E51D8.jpeg
    1929B246-B108-4B0D-B619-B8C36C9E51D8.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 49

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have always wanted to keep a Regal angel and a majestic, they are my dream fish. I have set up a 4x18”x2 ft tank, I know they will out grow the tank eventually and I will most likely upgrade to a bigger tank but for now this tank will do. I’m going for a mix reef and keeping in mind to avoid some species of corals I have a couple o questions for those who have keep this fish.

1. How fast do they grow?
2. I know they could nip at corals but does this includes species like Trachy,indophilias, cynarina, clams?
2. I’m planning on adding the regal has one of the first fish so he gets the time to settle down but I was wondering if I put him first and the start to add corals, will he view them has food?
3. Also I would love to keep a clam and I have heard clams on a shell often work to get them to eat, will this most likely result in a diner for the regal when I introduce a clam?

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Thank you!!!

(Photo so you can see what their home will look like, thank is now cycled and with his first fishes)
Both of those grow super slowly. If you get healthy ones they should eat anything in no time, if they refuse to eat within a week they are probably doomed due to either bad collection practices or bad chain of custody. Both are more on the reef safe side of angelfish, but no guarantees, will have to be by trial and error. Some fleshy corals like Micromussa, trachy and indophyllia are way more tempting to angels than others though, even had Genicanthus nip micromussa. So if you choose wisely it might be ok. Haven’t had clams in with either of those, so can’t help there.

OnePuffMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5' 150 gallon tank. I've had my eye on a female swallowtail but would also love to get a M/F Watanabei pair. Would they be compatible or would there be issues?

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5' 150 gallon tank. I've had my eye on a female swallowtail but would also love to get a M/F Watanabei pair. Would they be compatible or would there be issues?
I think you might have problems if any of the fish are considerably smaller, more relevant would be if you get a small size swallowtail and a couple of large watanabei. It may be better to stick with just the watanabei pair IMO, or maybe a swallowtail pair which are beautiful as well :) .

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic and Regal update!
And a third is in the bag (It’s a Dwarf Angel don’t worry) ;)

Hopefully these guys play well with the newbie who is larger than them.
IMG_5813.jpeg

IMG_5811.jpeg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us see the guy in the bag! regal angel looks pretty neat.
Some of my worst photography but here she is!
A tiger tail Centropyge bispinosus
image.jpg

IMG_5852.jpeg

IMG_5854.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really beautiful fish, coral beauty is always special, gorgeous design pattern.
Definitely, I’ve always loved Coral Beauties but I’ve waited for the special one that I see and this one was too perfect to leave it.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not keep different species of these angels. But I think as long as you just have 1 male, they should be fine. You may have problem if there are two males. Again I only have Watanabei pair in my tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my worst photography but here she is!
A tiger tail Centropyge bispinosus
image.jpg

IMG_5852.jpeg

IMG_5854.jpeg
In the DT! Only issue so far is the Binotatus tang but the other angels don’t care.
IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5856.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the DT! Only issue so far is the Binotatus tang but the other angels don’t care.
IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5856.jpeg
The best picture I’ve gotten of her colours and pattern;
IMG_5869.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answers. I'm doing a swallowtail pair
If you can, I’d say your best bet of finding a pair is finding 2 females (it will also save a lot of money).
The most dominant female will transition to male.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe I wasn't watching this thread already..
I too love angels! Not great with photos but I can post a few short videos just to join in on the angel love

https://youtube.com/shorts/5L1XuNnfZCU?feature=share4

https://youtube.com/shorts/JQsGXSjEHSg?feature=share4

https://youtube.com/shorts/7gLPiIMWxy4?feature=share4

https://youtube.com/shorts/MjoO83Z2QT8?feature=share4
I love all those dwarfs especially the multi bar.

Here’s a couple more shots of my Coral Beauty - I’d love a multicolour dwarf but maybe that will be added when I get a 5-6’ tank (Along with 2-3 other dwarfs).
IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all those dwarfs especially the multi bar.

Here’s a couple more shots of my Coral Beauty - I’d love a multicolour dwarf but maybe that will be added when I get a 5-6’ tank (Along with 2-3 other dwarfs).
IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5882.jpeg
Awesome looking Coral Beauty! I don't think I've ever seen a tiger tail at the lfs. I really need to learn how to photograph fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back