The Angel Lovers Thread

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to get a decent pic of my personified today. Totally by accident, but I will take it.

ff290cd31370ed84da2812995c8d10d2.jpg

Beautiful!

Rookie J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has a blue face in a reef ? Been wanting one forever but haven't had it in me to get one. Last angel I had was a juvenile blue and it nipped at everything. Since then I have been gun shy.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has a blue face in a reef ? Been wanting one forever but haven't had it in me to get one. Last angel I had was a juvenile blue and it nipped at everything. Since then I have been gun shy.
Unless the tank is filled with mature sps or Euphyllia, other corals are at risk of being eaten.

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man there are some gorgeous angels in this thread. :D

Here's an up close with flash of my P. sextriatus aka Giant Jerk #1. Thankfully, he now has a Sailfin (Giant Jerk #2) who's the same size if not a little bigger to keep him in check and an Orange Spot Rabbit (Sir Spikey) who won't isn't aggressive but won't take any crap from the Jerks to make a trio of big boys that keep to themselves and don't bother the little guys. All three are also giant weanies who disappear the second I put my hand in the tank while the dwarf angels they share the tank with stay out just watching me. I monitored this guy at the LFS for nearly 6 months before I finally grabbed him and I've had him for at least 4.5 years now. He really is a pretty fish. Would love to add another larger angel when I upgrade to my 300 here soon but I think I'll stick to just adding another one or two Centropyges.

8495277276_7f28c78849_b.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have captive bred angels from Poma Labs yet. They had a bunch debut at MACNA. I would love to get a Singapore Angel. Could anyone tell me if one would work out with a Coral Beauty already in the tank? Tank is year old 54G + 11G sump. I also have an Ocellaris Clown and Azure Damsel in there and might get a Melanurus Wrasse and a CB Canary Wrasse.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for several years. Bought it as a juvenile and now is a terrific adult. It has been a model citizen. Actually is a shy fish for its size. I have to say that my tank is crowded with SPS and a few Euphyllias: A long time ago I had some zoos but my Regal Angel and the A. trimaculatus devoured them in a couple of weeks.

So I would say that you have nothing to fear as long as your tank is a SPS one.

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have captive bred angels from Poma Labs yet. They had a bunch debut at MACNA. I would love to get a Singapore Angel. Could anyone tell me if one would work out with a Coral Beauty already in the tank? Tank is year old 54G + 11G sump. I also have an Ocellaris Clown and Azure Damsel in there and might get a Melanurus Wrasse and a CB Canary Wrasse.

I don't think that compatibility will be an issue but your tank size is too small, IMO.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New guy seems to be doing well, but a very difficult species to acclimate. I lost a goldflake in qt, so I'm still hurting from that.

010.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back