0   0   0
I have a
5" Passers
4" Queen
5" Emperor
3.5" Majestic
4" Annularis
3" Blue Line or Maze Angel
all happy and eating anything I give them in a 450 mixed reef/fish. Try to get pics in near future.

SMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a tank to properly show off an adult pair of French Angels!
20100913_Mushroom Sponge Forest_211312_30448.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How reef safe are the Regal Angels?
I've had a few individuals in tanks I take care of. Here are some of the corals they've eaten: Dendros, Tubastrea, Symphyllias, Avans, Chalices, zoas, and scolys.

Justin poirier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just deciding to get an angel. I really want a flame angel like badly. Maybe a coral beauty gold flake or potters. Some of the dwarfs. I have hammer corals small polyp coral and anemones... I just got my rocks exactly where I like them most! What is the best angel for these and preventing them from wanting to eat size, acclimation, tank mates, I really want a flame. But if you guys think otherwise I can go against it. Help please

Justin poirier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And zoanthid coral. If it goes south I don't really wanna move my rocks to get him out of the tank

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that folks have the best luck with flames and coral beauties. (And the angels of the Genicanthus group, of course...) My own flame does nip at favia corals, while my coral beauty seems to ignore all corals. They're very different fish, though - the coral beauty is something of a perpetual motion machine, always seeming to be on her way to somewhere important.

~Bruce

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just deciding to get an angel. I really want a flame angel like badly. Maybe a coral beauty gold flake or potters. Some of the dwarfs. I have hammer corals small polyp coral and anemones... I just got my rocks exactly where I like them most! What is the best angel for these and preventing them from wanting to eat size, acclimation, tank mates, I really want a flame. But if you guys think otherwise I can go against it. Help please
Any angel you add, outside of the Genicanthus angels, will be hit or miss. I've seen plenty of reefs with flame angels that do not nip. I put one in my frag tank and it nipped at everything constantly. That being said, I don't hesitate to add any angel to my tanks because I know I would be able to get them out with a fish trap, which I've had to do in the past.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back