b7027f53ec652a1851b348ff2b5eef8e.jpg

Is this a rock beauty?

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot another video today. Now they have associated me with food, I get to get really close to them!

The sad news is I have lost both goldflake angel in two days. Both showed same symptom with red blotches on the side. I really feel they were not collected properly. Anyway, I will not be ordering goldflakes for a long time. If these angels along with the butterfly makes it through April I will start building a 300G to host them.

I got my goldflakes pair from Ray at @tsmcorals. Smallest angels got picked on by my other angels and still strong as can be!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot another video today. Now they have associated me with food, I get to get really close to them!

The sad news is I have lost both goldflake angel in two days. Both showed same symptom with red blotches on the side. I really feel they were not collected properly. Anyway, I will not be ordering goldflakes for a long time. If these angels along with the butterfly makes it through April I will start building a 300G to host them.

Red blotches are usually a sign of a bacterial infection.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in the dt, but there are quite a few options in a qt or hospital tank. Furan-2 is one that is quite effective.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys.. I would like to try and get another bandit angel.. Also had a goldflake... They start out great eat like pigs but then deteriorate.. I have fish only but my parameters are very good.. It's a 265 gallon aquarium with about 600 gallons of total water.. I can keep a flagfin angel, africanus angel, as well as well other angels... Any tips appreciated... Thanks...

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys.. I would like to try and get another bandit angel.. Also had a goldflake... They start out great eat like pigs but then deteriorate.. I have fish only but my parameters are very good.. It's a 265 gallon aquarium with about 600 gallons of total water.. I can keep a flagfin angel, africanus angel, as well as well other angels... Any tips appreciated... Thanks...

Are you keeping your temps low?

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a yellow tang.

Not for the size, or the jerk personality, but that color!

I am looking at dwarf heraldi or lemon peel angelfish for a 75 gallon tank.

I know each individual fish can be different. Which type of smaller angelfish will most likely get me closer to that light beautiful yellow?

Thanks!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a yellow tang.

Not for the size, or the jerk personality, but that color!

I am looking at dwarf heraldi or lemon peel angelfish for a 75 gallon tank.

I know each individual fish can be different. Which type of smaller angelfish will most likely get me closer to that light beautiful yellow?

Thanks!
Both lemonpeel and haroldi provide the bright yellow. Of the two I find the lemonpeel to be brighter. Howwvee, both of those species are likely nippers.

Another bright yellow fish option is Halichoeres chrysus.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both lemonpeel and haroldi provide the bright yellow. Of the two I find the lemonpeel to be brighter. Howwvee, both of those species are likely nippers.

Another bright yellow fish option is Halichoeres chrysus.
Thanks!

Love the yellow 'coris' wrasse! Cool personality and good pest control. That bright pale yellow is exactly what I'm trying to replace.
[emoji4]
We had to give ours up along with the melanurus wrasse when we switched to bare bottom after the tank crash 3 years ago.

So far the diadema dottyback washes out as it gets bigger/fatter.
The royal and bicolor dottyback keep their bright yellow color, but are jerks. So is the diadema.

Canary blenny is dull and lame colorwise.
Most of the butterflys are pretty, but not that bright pale yellow.

Can't find anything the right color without going up to an 8" fish.

We are down to some pretty noxious tasting stuff coralwise already, so the nipping shouldn't be a problem.

Is the Heraldi a dull yellow similar to the canary blenny? It has some beautiful 2 tone markings, depending on the Google pics. But it seems more of a shade of yellow (black added) like the butterflys, more than a tint of yellow (white added) like the yellow tang.

The Heraldi would stay smaller which would be great, but I always loved the look of the lemon peel.

Seen the lemon peel plenty of times in LFS. I know those are exactly what I'm looking for colorwise.
Is the Heraldi a huge step down in tone from that?
Never saw one in person.

We already have a Flameback angel in another tank. That yellow/pale orange is pretty enough, but definitely not what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

Brautumn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone had an established passer angelfish 4 inches for sale (getting out of the hobby) but a person ahead of me had first pick. We moved an and ordered some angels from DD flagfin, blue face and annularis (on it's way) all a little over 3 inches in qt right now. I got a flame angel from another tank breakdown. Now the guy said the person passed on the passer after he finally caught it. Do we go for it before someone else get's it?
20180415_195543-1_resized.jpg
I planned on adding everyone in stages according to temperament and we have a 250g with plenty of flow/x-large skimmer. Picture of fish in qt.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any preferences on lemon peel angel vs bicolor angel
Care, aggression, fragility?

Thanks again!
I like the looks of lemonpeels over bicolors. I also find them to be hardy too.
Someone had an established passer angelfish 4 inches for sale (getting out of the hobby) but a person ahead of me had first pick. We moved an and ordered some angels from DD flagfin, blue face and annularis (on it's way) all a little over 3 inches in qt right now. I got a flame angel from another tank breakdown. Now the guy said the person passed on the passer after he finally caught it. Do we go for it before someone else get's it?
20180415_195543-1_resized.jpg
I planned on adding everyone in stages according to temperament and we have a 250g with plenty of flow/x-large skimmer. Picture of fish in qt.
That's a lot of angels for a 250g.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back