The Angel Lovers Thread

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little baby Watanabe Angel, got her when she was only 1 inch :)

20181218_185358.jpg
Wow So Cute !!!

Tony73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I would like To put in my tank IMPERATOR and SEMICIRCULATUS Juvanile both together.

Someone that have both? Any issue?

I’ve Reef tank full SPS, but i want To know If They can be aggressive about them.....

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them temporarily together when I was breaking down a tank. My Koran was just a little bigger then the Emperor and it was the Emperors tank that I moved it in to. The Koran was very aggressive to the other Angel. It was so bad that I decided not to keep both in the larger new tank. Never got to see if behaviors would have changed as they reached adult colors.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to be in a big tank 300 plus for it to have a chance to work. It also matters what size they are to start out with.

RWS6605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needing some advice here. I have my first SW tank up and running now since thanksgiving. It is 55 gallons hex which includes a sump.
12663d19ad335392b4518a21e66dd833.jpg

Current stock is
2 clowns
1 emerald crab
2 turbo snail
10-12 hermit (blue and red legged)
3 astera snail

Tank is 24” deep and 24” wide from flat side to flat side.

I will likely be adding a diamond goby and a few other fish such as a hawk fish, chalk bass, bangaii cardinal. More CUC will be added as well

long story short now, I want my show fish to be an angel. Can’t decide on either Pygmy, Flame or Coral Beauty. Which would be best for the size or is there a better choice?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needing some advice here. I have my first SW tank up and running now since thanksgiving. It is 55 gallons hex which includes a sump.

Current stock is
2 clowns
1 emerald crab
2 turbo snail
3 astera snail

I will likely be adding a diamond goby and a few other fish such as a hawk fish, chalk bass, bangaii cardinal. More CUC will be added as well

long story short now, I want my show fish to be an angel. Can’t decide on either Pygmy, Flame or Coral Beauty. Which would be best for the size or is there a better choice?

I would go with whichever will stay the smallest Since they all are fairly active fish and that is a pretty small tank even for a centropyge angel....

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current stock is
2 clowns
1 emerald crab
2 turbo snail
3 astera snail

Maybe an African (not Brazilian) flame back?

The pygmies are even worse than a damsel or an obnoxious flame angel. Tried 4 times over the years. "But they are so tiny! How can they be that obnoxious!!!!"
Lol, finally got tired of relearning that leason.

The Brazilian is calld the fireball and supposedly evil.
Never had one.
The African was fairly chill. May like soft corals or LPS. Similar to the orange flame angel.

Add any angle last.[emoji846]

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bright red flame hawk fish can be your centerpiece and an African flame back will be a beautiful color contrast with the blue and yellow/gold. [emoji846]

Lol, I still have a soft spot for obnoxious orange flame angels.
Nothing packs that much bright color in such a small easy to care for container. [emoji846]

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, since you have sand have you looked at the yellow 'coris' wrasse? Brightest yellow, moves around the tank constantly, similar to the angelfish and excellent pest eradication.

RWS6605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, since you have sand have you looked at the yellow 'coris' wrasse? Brightest yellow, moves around the tank constantly, similar to the angelfish and excellent pest eradication.

Thanks Norfolk. I like that African too! I was thinking I’d go for a six line wrasse just because of the coloration. Would I need to worry about the yellow going after my CUC?

Is it advice for all angels to be added last?

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Norfolk. I like that African too! I was thinking I’d go for a six line wrasse just because of the coloration. Would I need to worry about the yellow going after my CUC?

Is it advice for all angels to be added last?
Generally. Depends on if you are adding even more obnoxious fish.[emoji846]

Might get the 6 line as tiny as possible. I mean really tiny.
They have the potential to be a nightmare. I would add that one last.
The yellow coris and the 6 line should be ok together.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thomashtom, are all of those angels in the same tank?

If so, how big is the tank and is there any aggression?

I’d like to add a French and Emporer angel, I’m just not sure if the queen will attack them.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi JP, yes they are all in a 475 + gallon system. The Emp keeps everyone in line. LOL Depending on size of your tank the Emp should be fine. The French and the Queen could be a problem because they have same body shape and the French are tough also. Thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back