81778EF4-8950-4182-B1E1-CBBA0117D625.jpeg

99203A1C-1A29-44EF-9A72-D1832AC783CD.jpeg

Are those real plants or decorative?

jluspo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tanks in the same sump: 220 (72x24x30) and a 150 (48x24x30). The queen (currently in quarantine) is going in the 220 along with the smallish emperor and a majestic. Do you guys think there's going to be trouble?

Last edited:

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my experience with all three. Both queen and emperor will fight it out for who runs the tank. The Emperor will win that battle without anyone getting hurt. The Majestic will probably stay out of the way of the other two and spend most of it's time hiding. I started out with a much smaller Emperor 2"then the Queen 4" Majestic was 2" Majestic went in first then the other two a month later. The majestic was shy and never stayed out in the open for long unless it was feeding time. The Queen ran the tank until the Emperor started changing color. Even though it was smaller then the Queen the Emperor became the new boss. My tank was only a 125 so I eventually re-homed the Queen and Emperor and kept the Majestic for another 16 years. So to answer your question I think in a tank that size and caves for each, they will work out the pecking order with no serious problems.

jluspo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my experience with all three. Both queen and emperor will fight it out for who runs the tank. The Emperor will win that battle without anyone getting hurt. The Majestic will probably stay out of the way of the other two and spend most of it's time hiding. I started out with a much smaller Emperor 2"then the Queen 4" Majestic was 2" Majestic went in first then the other two a month later. The majestic was shy and never stayed out in the open for long unless it was feeding time. The Queen ran the tank until the Emperor started changing color. Even though it was smaller then the Queen the Emperor became the new boss. My tank was only a 125 so I eventually re-homed the Queen and Emperor and kept the Majestic for another 16 years. So to answer your question I think in a tank that size and caves for each, they will work out the pecking order with no serious problems.

Thanks for your reply.

My 220 right now is an SPS reef and I would hate for the queen to decimate all that work. The emperor and the majestic are good citizens of the reef and do not touch any stony corals. The 150 is my "other" tank where I put non sps reef friendly fish. It is still technically a reef but mostly softies and montiporas. They are in the same sump so I'm really only taking care of one water. I think I will put the queen in the 150 then upgrade it to a 220 when the time comes.

jluspo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply.

My 220 right now is an SPS reef and I would hate for the queen to decimate all that work. The emperor and the majestic are good citizens of the reef and do not touch any stony corals. The 150 is my "other" tank where I put non sps reef friendly fish. It is still technically a reef but mostly softies and montiporas. They are in the same sump so I'm really only taking care of one water. I think I will put the queen in the 150 then upgrade it to a 220 when the time comes.

Here’s a picture of my 220:

d346967cfde61bd2e4f2077ea0581938.jpg

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to bring my Queen home on Friday as it’s completing TTM along with a powder brown. I currently have a Emperor, regal pair, majestic, goldflake and flame angel pair. Certainly crossing my fingers :) everyone but the queen has been together over a yr. Emperor is king.

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in getting an Emperor Angel, but have some questions about them and corals. I know that you have to be selective with the corals that you put with these fish, just wondering what corals specifically I can have. I have read that sps are some that you can have, but would the Emperor eat the more polyped ones like stylophora, and pocillipora? Would a toadstool, or mushrooms be safe? Gorgonians?
Also, are they very aggressive towards other types of fish?

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in getting an Emperor Angel, but have some questions about them and corals. I know that you have to be selective with the corals that you put with these fish, just wondering what corals specifically I can have. I have read that sps are some that you can have, but would the Emperor eat the more polyped ones like stylophora, and pocillipora? Would a toadstool, or mushrooms be safe? Gorgonians?
Also, are they very aggressive towards other types of fish?

I think the only safe bet is SPS. I have not seen polyps on my sticks since I added the rock beauty. And I also lost a bubble gum digi frag. All the LPS and softies you listed are going to be snacks sooner or later. Emperor gets huge though so I hope you have a big tank. I have a 300G tank and I don’t think I can handle a Emperor...

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only safe bet is SPS. I have not seen polyps on my sticks since I added the rock beauty. And I also lost a bubble gum digi frag. All the LPS and softies you listed are going to be snacks sooner or later. Emperor gets huge though so I hope you have a big tank. I have a 300G tank and I don’t think I can handle a Emperor...
Thanks! Good to know....

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What dwarf angels are you guys having the most luck with in a full mix reef

For me Coral Beauty was the gentlest on corals, but still some coral beauties can make some damage. With dwarf angels everybody have a different experience.
The Only 100% safe angels are the Genicanthus Angels , but they are considered large angel

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back