The Angel Lovers Thread

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang Orion, you're making me want to try Flames again. I struck out with all of mine being nippers of everything. Tremelle, more pictures please.
I am very sure you can keep flame angels in a reef. I love my angels. I never have much problem with my Flames and Regals. I do have mix reef with LPS, SPS, Clams, anemone and even soft corals. I think I tolerate minor picking, if any, from my Angels. My SPS do not have great PE, but they grow very well.
Here is one of my two baby Regal Angels. I am happy to reports that they get along very well and I am likely end up with a pair. They are still very small, only about the same size as my Flame Angel pair, which are about medium size for Flame angels.
RegalAngel2018091301.jpg

RegalAngel2018091302.jpg

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on my two blueface. The larger one has become semi friendly, the sub-adult is close to full adult colors. The only problem she refuses to come out while I am in the room so pictures have to be taken through a crack in the door. Hopefully in time she will come out for a great picture? What is aggravating is when I am not ready to take pictures they eat together perfectly, carry my phone and no way! I am still amazed how fast the juvenile went from that to ugly to nice in a short amount of time. I would of thought being housed with a large adult it would of stayed with juvenile or ugly sub-adult for quite a while.
BF sub-adult 10-3-18r.JPG

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on my two blueface. The larger one has become semi friendly, the sub-adult is close to full adult colors. The only problem she refuses to come out while I am in the room so pictures have to be taken through a crack in the door. Hopefully in time she will come out for a great picture? What is aggravating is when I am not ready to take pictures they eat together perfectly, carry my phone and no way! I am still amazed how fast the juvenile went from that to ugly to nice in a short amount of time. I would of thought being housed with a large adult it would of stayed with juvenile or ugly sub-adult for quite a while.
BF sub-adult 10-3-18r.JPG

Give it time. Also don’t try to hide from the fish. Act normally around the tank so the fish learns your routine.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept the juvenile now going on maybe a year? When she was in a 40 breeder he wasn't that shy? When she started the transition from ugly to adult, is when she started with the max shyness. Not sure if going from the tub to ultra clear glass made a difference? I guess I need to move a TV in that room and spend more time with them with a six pack of beer every evening. The following is a picture when they where together in the rubbermaid tub.
BLUE FACE AND JUV in Tub 6-17-18.JPG

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept the juvenile now going on maybe a year? When she was in a 40 breeder he wasn't that shy? When she started the transition from ugly to adult, is when she started with the max shyness. Not sure if going from the tub to ultra clear glass made a difference? I guess I need to move a TV in that room and spend more time with them with a six pack of beer every evening. The following is a picture when they where together in the rubbermaid tub.
BLUE FACE AND JUV in Tub 6-17-18.JPG

Beautiful fish!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back