The Angel Lovers Thread

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a Venustus but I don’t believe it’s from Biota. I’m having a heck of a time getting it to eat frozen or pellets

Very pretty fish. I've been watching BIOTA's site for the next batch. That or the Milletseeds.

Sending you positive thoughts on getting it to eat!

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My venustus ate a lot of frozen but at the store it was eating frozen so I got lucky. Now dealing with ich haha
Mine has a spot of ich but it’s gone now. It picks at rock like crazy but it’s still pretty skinny. So far I’ve tried pellets, plankton, mega marine Angel and algae, spirulina brine and mysis

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has a spot of ich but it’s gone now. It picks at rock like crazy but it’s still pretty skinny. So far I’ve tried pellets, plankton, mega marine Angel and algae, spirulina brine and mysis
Mine eats spirulina brine, and mysis but no pellets. He does pick at the fresh clam on occasion. Weird how he will eat the frozen spirulina brine, but no live brine. Same with one of my multibars, One everything frozen, but no live brinevehile the other eats everything including live brine. It’s funny to see the differences within the same species, but both multibars love fresh clam!

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats spirulina brine, and mysis but no pellets. He does pick at the fresh clam on occasion. Weird how he will eat the frozen spirulina brine, but no live brine. Same with one of my multibars, One everything frozen, but no live brinevehile the other eats everything including live brine. It’s funny to see the differences within the same species, but both multibars love fresh clam!
Maybe I will give that a try! I’ll have to pick some up tomorrow

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Ol' Blue for about 3 weeks now. Very shy at first. Added a few more rocks to give him a couple more hiding places. At first he would finally come out after all the food was gone but now he knows what feeding time is and eats well. Loves Nori and eats all the different frozen cubes.

IMG_2996 (2).jpg
IMG_3133 (2).jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s a small-medium angel that could fit into a 6’ tank?
I know that any of the centropyge and paracentropyge can along with most of the genicanthus angels

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota’s captive bred angels are all from Bali Aquarich, with the exception of their Coral Beauties and maybe their Lemonpeels. I live pretty close to Bali Aquarich and in China we sometimes get shipments of their fish. I think the fact that these difficult angel species are being aquacultured is great. However I’d still expect even a captive bred Venusta, Multibar, or Colin’s to not eat or stop eating in a tank with many boisterous tankmates like Tangs.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick shot of a few in the gang all seem to be doing well and eating. Have a pair of small blue lines from Poma as well all have been eating great and fattening up. They do nibble on the corals but minimal at this point

Attachments

• C2DD01FA-A53B-4736-B6CC-6CEC97218DB4.jpeg
    C2DD01FA-A53B-4736-B6CC-6CEC97218DB4.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 85

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 and a 220 that has just finished cycling. The 220 will be for the Conspic, Interruptis, and possibly a king down the road.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always stayed away from Angles but couldn't resist as Ive always wanted an Emperor. Added a few months ago and he is growing fast. Fat and happy so far - a nip or two on a zoanthid but so far so good. Fingers crossed.
IMG_5281.jpeg
That’s one of the angels I would love and my LFS has a juvenile about 1-2” but I also would love a blue face however what limits me from them is the 4’ tank and no room for an 8’ tank

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if you think it’s a good idea to keep some of the “smaller” large angels in a trio of 1 male and 2 females. Not the Emperor or ones in that size category but ones like Regals, Goldflakes, Blue Lines, the “medium” large angels.
To my knowledge Pomacanthus including the Majestic only form pairs at most.

Back