Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this due to the companies not wanting to pay DIN licensing fees?

This hobby is going to hell fast in our country in pretty much every aspect livestock wise.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the ban aquarium related at all? Maybe something to do with LFS's keeping copper in their fish systems to suppress symptoms?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This hobby is going to hell fast in our country in pretty much every aspect livestock wise.

To my knowledge no, This is completely unrelated to the "fish" industry

Is it the ban aquarium related at all? Maybe something to do with LFS's keeping copper in their fish systems to suppress symptoms?

From what I am told this has nothing to do with the "fish" industry or any LFS or anything like this at all..

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or a new government will reverse the ban. Or places will just find ways around the ban. Obviously at home you can have one bottle last years but if you have 100s of fish coming in weekly as a store it’s another story.

It really should be the industry complaining but it cannot hurt to voice your concerns to your local MP.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or a new government will reverse the ban. Or places will just find ways around the ban. Obviously at home you can have one bottle last years but if you have 100s of fish coming in weekly as a store it’s another story.

It really should be the industry complaining but it cannot hurt to voice your concerns to your local MP.

Try to get a bunch of the "industry" aka LFS up here to work together on anything LOL..

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already wrote after the first interaction I had with 'welcome to bansville, population everything' a while ago. Got back the standard form reply letter and a bunch of party talking points that had nothing to do with the questions I was posing regarding the sweeping changes. What I don't get is all the stores are just stone silent in this, not a peep.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I mean, are they going to ban all public sale of copper sulphate? It's used in multiple industries, most not even related to anything involving water. I guess we'll have to see if a government change in the fall, if it happens, will be more receptive to what the cattle industry has been griping about, but rolling back most of this isn't something most government agencies end up doing on a party change.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one surprises me. I was aware of the antibiotic/fish meds ban coming into play but didn't realize it would impact copper, also. I'm not even sure if it is banned by the same legislation

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Copper is the latest on the ban bandwagon. Ugh. Not just for fish stores. Everywhere. Government seems to think the general public can not be trusted to use chemicals responsibly. Just like certain human medications not being available over the counter. Or needing a vet to write a prescription for most meds for your dog. I had to place an order for meds from the US. Has $225 in my cart. + shipping + tax + exchange rate + $68 duty at the border. dang order cost me almost $400!!! Now copper? Give me a break!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Copper is the latest on the ban bandwagon. Ugh. Not just for fish stores. Everywhere. Government seems to think the general public can not be trusted to use chemicals responsibly. Just like certain human medications not being available over the counter. Or needing a vet to write a prescription for most meds for your dog. I had to place an order for meds from the US. Has $225 in my cart. + shipping + tax + exchange rate + $68 duty at the border. dang order cost me almost $400!!! Now copper? Give me a break!

The joys of keeping a aquarium :(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back