OP
THE BEAUT

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its in the Halichoeres family, got on great with everyone, ate every day. But sadly today it looks like its on its way out. Dont know what happened, everything was fine yesterday and then when the lights came on. I saw that he was breathing heavy and just sitting in the corner. Hope this is not one of those cyanide deals. But i am pretty sure it is not going to make it. Just makes me mad that one day its fine and the next its struggling for life.
Times like this i feel like why am in this hobby. If i lose a fish like this, how many others have also. Maybe its best just to leave them in the ocean and only be allowed to buy captive grown fish and propogated corals.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its in the Halichoeres family, got on great with everyone, ate every day. But sadly today it looks like its on its way out. Dont know what happened, everything was fine yesterday and then when the lights came on. I saw that he was breathing heavy and just sitting in the corner. Hope this is not one of those cyanide deals. But i am pretty sure it is not going to make it. Just makes me mad that one day its fine and the next its struggling for life.
Times like this i feel like why am in this hobby. If i lose a fish like this, how many others have also. Maybe its best just to leave them in the ocean and only be allowed to buy captive grown fish and propogated corals.
yikes... I'm sorry to hear about this Marcel.. it's always sad to lose a fish or a coral... :(

OP
OP
THE BEAUT

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, thats an old pic. There is a local guy here that is growing them and then sells them to the LFS. Dont know the name but i have a tough time keeping them alive.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back