The Big LED poll

Which brand LEDs do you prefer or currently using?

• Aqua Illumination

Votes: 58 10.5%
  • Acan Lighting

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • ATI LED Powermodule

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Ecotech Marine

Votes: 105 19.0%
  • Ecoxotic LED Lighting

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • Giesemann LED Lighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JBJ LED Lighting

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Innovative Marine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxspect LED Lighting

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • Kessil LED Lighting

Votes: 70 12.7%
  • Vertex

Votes: 8 1.4%
  • Reef Brite LED

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Orphek Aquarium LED

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • GHL Mitras LED

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • DIY

Votes: 69 12.5%
  • Pacific Sun

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Reef Radiance

Votes: 41 7.4%
  • OceanRevive

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • Reef Breeders

Votes: 44 8.0%
  • EverGrow

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Apollo

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the Lumini Aqua Full Spectrum system so sleek and so much light. Beautifully crafted reminds me of ATI fixture full aluminum casing super quite fans runs cool. Best looking LEDs I seen on the market.

null_zps58fe2892.jpg

null_zps145ebd38.jpg

null_zps27f13ac7.jpg

null_zps5dab4af9.jpg

null_zpscdd9213a.jpg

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a nice fixture.

BTW, AquariumSpecialty just annoced the new Ecotech Radion Gen3!! Honestly, I've been leaning towards the new AI hydra 52s, but with this new Radion release, I'm not too sure now. What do you guys think?

radion-c_1.jpg

radion-d_1.jpg

Last edited:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you following a trend/looking for the "latest and greatest", or were you looking at the Hydra for a reason? :)

-Matt

Bry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 Radion Gen 2s over my 75 currently and no complaints. I'm gathering equipment for a 8' long 300 and will be using Kessil A360's

Steveowhits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Orphek Pr156 plus UV but I modified it because it was too white of an output for my taste. I retrofitted it into a t5 fixture...I like it now.

The newer Orphek stuff is better, but I think at the price point you can find better options.

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only been running my maxspect razor 16000K 300w for a week now, but for the short term everything seems to be liking it including my corals that weren't doing so well before. The razors are really easy to program and give off pretty good color. They fixture looks great as well

spoggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my Hydra 52's for their ability to almost infinitely change the color and intensity of the light. Mine have 80° diffusers and they are currently hung approximately 10 inches above the water line. There is more than enough light at the bottom of a 24 inch deep tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I broke down AND ordered 3 kessils. I hear nothing but good on them. Will be selling my EcoRays.

tat2z_21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the DIY route and love my lights. I currently run 244 LEDs over my 180. Love the controllability, I had 3x 250w halides with 2x 110 vho's. Though I loved the color of the combo, I get both control, and color with LEDs. I used warm, cool, neutral whites, blue and royal blue. All on different circuits for full control.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the DIY route and love my lights. I currently run 244 LEDs over my 180. Love the controllability, I had 3x 250w halides with 2x 110 vho's. Though I loved the color of the combo, I get both control, and color with LEDs. I used warm, cool, neutral whites, blue and royal blue. All on different circuits for full control.

Hey buddy ol' pal, just knew you'd find a an LED thread for your first post here....lol

Nice to have you here Floyd, and looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers, Todd

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using 2x Maxspect Razor 420 16,000K over my 125 Acropora Specific system and 2 Evergrow D120 Full Spectrums over my 90 gallon and a D120 over my Frag tank. So far the colors are pretty good on both.

Mike O'Brien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a G3 Radion. I've used DIY and retro fit things for 13 years. I like the look of the unit itself. Much more sleek than anything else out there. I do like that aluminum unit, except for the silly looking antenna attached to it.. I also like the full control of ecosmart live.

760mason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only wish the current Kessil 360w had the interface and controllability of the AI hydra. I am split on the decision The Hydra dollar for dollar are the best light at that price. Although I think the Kessil puts out better light without all the controllability. I gave my vote to AI only because they are dimmable to 1% as opposed to the Kessil that will only dim to 10%.

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a G3 Radion. I've used DIY and retro fit things for 13 years. I like the look of the unit itself. Much more sleek than anything else out there. I do like that aluminum unit, except for the silly looking antenna attached to it.. I also like the full control of ecosmart live.

Agreed, ecotech is just above and beyond imo lol, my second vote would be the hydra 52 though I haven't seen an led that comes close to a halide like the radion pros do.

Last edited:

Mike O'Brien

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I've watched the success with these lights over the last few years. My lfs has 9 of them now. Growing everything from sps to macro algae. He also has two Chinese fixtures. One caught on fire and the other won't hold a program after a year. That's why I spent the extra money for the radion.
And te fact that the unit is modular and upgradable is another huge selling point. No need to spend big bucks on a new fixture in the future !

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a nice fixture.

BTW, AquariumSpecialty just annoced the new Ecotech Radion Gen3!! Honestly, I've been leaning towards the new AI hydra 52s, but with this new Radion release, I'm not too sure now. What do you guys think?

radion-c_1.jpg

radion-d_1.jpg

The AI and EcoTech are quality as they use primarily the latest Cree LEDs.

When choosing a fixture look beyond the advertising and go down to the source...The LEDs.

I'm biased on the exact fixture but if you choose one with the latest Cree X Series LEDs you will be happy.

Bill

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah! Man, Bill! I would love to know your true opinion. I've seen both in person and also have an opinion. I wonder if we match. Lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back