The Big LED poll

Which brand LEDs do you prefer or currently using?

• Aqua Illumination

Votes: 58 10.5%
  • Acan Lighting

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • ATI LED Powermodule

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Ecotech Marine

Votes: 105 19.0%
  • Ecoxotic LED Lighting

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • Giesemann LED Lighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JBJ LED Lighting

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Innovative Marine

• Maxspect LED Lighting

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • Kessil LED Lighting

Votes: 70 12.7%
  • Vertex

Votes: 8 1.4%
  • Reef Brite LED

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Orphek Aquarium LED

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • GHL Mitras LED

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • DIY

Votes: 69 12.5%
  • Pacific Sun

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Reef Radiance

Votes: 41 7.4%
  • OceanRevive

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • Reef Breeders

Votes: 44 8.0%
  • EverGrow

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Apollo

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters

carlparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gal and have VHO lighting. Plan to convert to LED this summer... Thoughts on best option for coral growth... Also, I was curious how Mich this might safe on electric bill...

sesegaL99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OceanRevive S026 x 4. Excellent So far.

image.jpg

Briguy350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running Razor 300w over my 75 and so far I'm really digging it. Looks so sexy sitting over my tank!

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my chinese LED unit with the range of LED colours I wanted and they built it for me at no extra cost. That kina makes it a partial DIY unit I gues lol.

Frag freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many left out LEDS, I run a few... Orbits and just a str8 Cree are not on list... And Cree makes a lot of LEDs for other companies ;)

carlparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Current Orbit 48" -60", 46 total watts... Even has a storm feature that's pretty cool. Not that expensive 189.00 good for starters... I'll keep you posted...

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's time, it's been 8months since I started this thread and the bulbs on my t5 are already over a year old. I need to make a purchase within 3wks to take advantage of the ecotech summer discount, but lately I've been going back and forth between getting 2x gen3 or a 36" ati led powermodule. Price wise, it's gonna be the same, but the ati has t5s which I've seen a lot of led users are adding and I'm already using t5s which I love, don't have the shimmer or ramping capability, which I would like though. The gen3 has the nice compact look, the programming capabilities and user interface looks really slick and also a few ati users are reporting problems with their powermodule. I know first hand ecotech has top notch CS, not too sure about ati. Hmm....

00ninja00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you bro..... My dilemma is that I can't decide what to go with because I know that between the units that I want to get, they're all great fixtures and everyone who uses that particular fixture swears by it.
I'm deciding between ties for first place the ghl mitras or the gen3 pro radion, and in a second place is the ati led hybrid. Most likely, one of the first two will win.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two Apollos over a custom five foot 90 gallon tank...and am very happy. Unfortunately it appears Apollo is no longer. Get well soon Joe.

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you bro..... My dilemma is that I can't decide what to go with because I know that between the units that I want to get, they're all great fixtures and everyone who uses that particular fixture swears by it.
I'm deciding between ties for first place the ghl mitras or the gen3 pro radion, and in a second place is the ati led hybrid. Most likely, one of the first two will win.

It seems to me like a lot of folks are switching back or adding T5s for that extra spectrum. I didn't want the trouble of adding T5s down the road with a full led fixture, so I've decided on getting the ATI hybrid. Though, a few users have reported flickering leds/bulbs on their unit and ATI has acknowledged it's a wide spread issue. Hopefully a fix will be available soon and only a software issue.

WeLoveReefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious as to why when I buy coral mainly zoas from someone with T5's and put them in my tanks with Ati LEDs they look entirely different and not even close to the same color? Any input ?

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious as to why when I buy coral mainly zoas from someone with T5's and put them in my tanks with Ati LEDs they look entirely different and not even close to the same color? Any input ?

They look different instantly or weeks later?
Likely just different Kevin, T5 user could be running different bulbs than you.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back