The biggest issue plaguing this hobby… wet socks.

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you wear shoes or socks in the house?

That's unnatural and I'm fairly certain is unlawful in my jurisdiction..
Are you from the Uk? It’s a cultural thing, shoes are a big no no and disrespectful. If you’re getting about with no socks your hard drive needs to be checked

ROBERT35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to stop wearing socks when I do ANYTHING with the tank because it always results in them being wet.

Water change? Wet socks. Moving a piece of coral half an inch up the tank? Wet socks. Cleaning the skimmer? Wet socks.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.
You just made me wanna by some water socks!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be a wierdo, but shoes never go beyond the landing inside the door, and then socks come off as soon as I get to the bedroom. I despise shoes and socks and if I didn't HAVE to wear them, I never would.

I also have a supply of towels that I lay around my tanks whenever I have to do ANY work on them. Large towels for the floor and smaller hand towels for spills on the tank or stand. My floor is tile so if it gets wet, it can be lethal!! lol

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I change socks a few times when cleaning the tank, I hate tracking footprints around the house.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be a wierdo, but shoes never go beyond the landing inside the door, and then socks come off as soon as I get to the bedroom. I despise shoes and socks and if I didn't HAVE to wear them, I never would.

I also have a supply of towels that I lay around my tanks whenever I have to do ANY work on them. Large towels for the floor and smaller hand towels for spills on the tank or stand. My floor is tile so if it gets wet, it can be lethal!! lol
I put a towel down as well.

I tend to wear some type of foot gear, my floors are cold in the winter and I have cats who like to leave piles of stuff on the floor. My wife was barefoot the other day and stubbed her toe on the metal tracks of the porch slider....guess what I told her....wear something on your feet and that wont happen again.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoes are not much better. Even clean, house only shoes squeak and just make wet footprints. If you are going to spill, wear mop heads on your feet. :)

Hoses with ball vales and pumps are the way to go, if you can. Nary a drop gets spilled.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear socks in the house, shoes come off at the door.

Never get wet socks, as said above.....

Flip flops if I'm working on the tank.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back