The blood shrimp as a cleaner

I’ve always loved watching shrimp clean fish! There’s something satisfying about their relationship to me! :)
 
I’ve always loved watching shrimp clean fish! There’s something satisfying about their relationship to me! :)

I also like shrimp very much, so fish that belong to shrimp busters cannot be kept in the same tank.
 
My fire shrimp rarely does any cleaning but will rarely give my YWG a quick gill/mouth clean. He mostly sits under my bubble coral like a big bum!

That's true, it's not easy to see these cleanup scenarios.
 
Excellent photo by the OP.
My blood shrimp use to do a lot of cleaning up. The fish loved him.
 
Mine Fire Shrimp doesn't clean either but my regular cleaner will do it if a fish goes to it.
Same here. My cleaner shrimp would give my lawnmower blenny nightly massages, my fire shrimp is a complete bum and has never contributed anything whatsoever ;Hilarious
 
My fire shrimp seems a lot more reclusive then the cleaners I have had in the past. Does more hiding then anything

Larger body size of the shrimps help with the appearance.
The cleaner shrimp and the blood shrimp will grab each other's ground.

This shrimp has been in hiding since entering the tank, and only came out to hang out in the street about a month later.

Hiding!
P8291665 白襪蝦 by legendhua, 於 Flickr
 
Mine Fire Shrimp doesn't clean either but my regular cleaner will do it if a fish goes to it.

Same here. My cleaner shrimp would give my lawnmower blenny nightly massages, my fire shrimp is a complete bum and has never contributed anything whatsoever ;Hilarious
The Clean shrimp is undoubtedly the king of cleanliness.

 
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to participate. I bought a pair of fire shrimp a month ago and they did disappear initially but are now in a very visible spot hanging out together and very very actively cleaning my fish... They are really beautify and I love to watch them clean the fishes..



Cool stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new