• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Coral Dudes- Fail

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of a long story.

Back in Feb, I joined their Utter Chaos/Rainbow Acan grow-out competition (prize was $450), which lasted for 6 months. Come early Sept, past deadline, no word. I had to pull teeth to find out who won and get an answer. Early October, they finally posted to ask everyone for final count. Oops, Phil goes to Facebook jail (Twice apparently) and had to wait a bit longer for the results.
I finally get an answer after a few facebook posts wondering if they were cheating on people, taking money without giving a winner.
I was a winner for the Zoa, they told me this on October 15th. I had to request nearly daily for my prize code. I PM'd, emailed and called (when I called, no one ever picked up), and when I finally got it early November, it was for $300- apparently it wasn't a full competition and they never mentioned that it wasn't full up. Fine, whatever, I waited this long trying to get in touch with them and it's still winnings. (apparently they were moving stores and Phil had no time to host/communicate).

Of course I couldn't use my winnings on their live sales, so I went to their website which had nearly nothing on it. So just to be done, I picked out whatever they had. I pick a date a following week later for shipping. and again, and again. They keep pushing it back for multiple of excuses.

Sure, Phil had a baby. The baby then became sick and he needed to be there for his family, understandable, I cut him slack on this one (Hope the baby is OK)- but he had staff to help him out. Oh wait, they left him, or got fired, I don't know. Phil had no one, yet, he still held live sales, when he knew he was understaffed. Why hold sales if he had no staff to help? Oh, they had too many orders, yet they couldn't ship them all out, so another week for my shipping date.
He rarely answered his PM's, yet, he posts on Facebook daily.

I asked for an exchange on some items since what I ordered I got from a friend, which Jamie gladly helped me with, promptly. Jamie is awesome, BTW. The only guy who is responsive and helpful. This was Black Friday week. I requested shipping a week after. Got postponed again for whatever reason.

When they finally fulfilled my order, two of the corals I wanted was out of stock. Apparently one of the staffs sent the wrong corals to the wrong people? oops, accidents happen. fine, I pick something else out.. nope, they don't have them either. I told them to surprise me, getting annoyed at the service, I wasn't going to wait around for another package. I would've had the corals I really wanted if they did things properly and quickly back in early November when I placed my order initially.

I finally get the package yesterday.
Half-inch Pink birds' nest is bleached out (and clearly freshly cut).
All SPS I got was half an inch to an inch. few of them seemed to be freshly cut and glued. One didn't stay put. Frag plugs were too clean, none of them was crusted over. One piece was broken in half.
Green BTA nem did not seem too well, its mouth was wide open and inverted. I am not sure if it's going to make it, I will check tonight again when I get home from work after a day in the tank.

The other BTA I got looks good, however. It promptly planted its foot and opened up.
All CUC (asst snails, and 2 brittles) arrived alive and well.
This morning I checked with flashlights, the SPS has polyps, I can't judge how they look just yet as lights were out and they're stressed from shipping.

Jamie is trying to convince me to give them another chance in January. Sorry, I wasted almost a year trying to keep in touch with TCD and they just left a bad taste in my mouth. Jamie asked me to talk to Ryan, the one who packed my box to right my bleached frag and possible declining BTA.. While he's trying to do right, I am done.

Sidenote: Your posts on TCD's Facebook page needs to be approved before posting.. possibly why you never see negative feedback there. Either that or they have me under moderation because I make noise.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..and I've been kicked out of their Facebook pages. Guess they didn't like what they saw here. I did not even leave a comment of any sorts on their page in regards to the customer service. I questioned the health of the BTA to get people's opinions yesterday however. I don't think that got approved.

No response from the packer about the bleached frag and unhappy BTA and I sent him a message 6 hours ago.

Nice, TCDs. Nice.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sidenote: Your posts on TCD's Facebook page needs to be approved before posting.. possibly why you never see negative feedback there. Either that or they have me under moderation because I make noise.
Major red flag. That's like the websites that only approve the 5 star reviews and not a single one below 4, LIES!

marco2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Sunday after Black Friday I order 2 rock anemones
Paid for overnight shipped. I emailed them a couple of days later about the delivery date. There response was it will be delivered Thursday or Monday.
Still no anemones, I have called and emailed with no response so I disrupted the charges and will not use them again
Terrible customer service

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're probably better off. the nem I got from them still doesn't look too well. the other is doing fine.

I'm not going to bother to try to get a refund for it. It's not worth the hassle anymore. Besides, I've been blocked, I can't.

EE8B2459-1393-464A-AB6C-5ED84DE73B60.jpeg
164BDF17-AA98-445B-A034-AB9CB787BCFE.jpeg

Last edited:

PMHighers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of a long story.

Back in Feb, I joined their Utter Chaos/Rainbow Acan grow-out competition (prize was $450), which lasted for 6 months. Come early Sept, past deadline, no word. I had to pull teeth to find out who won and get an answer. Early October, they finally posted to ask everyone for final count. Oops, Phil goes to Facebook jail (Twice apparently) and had to wait a bit longer for the results.
I finally get an answer after a few facebook posts wondering if they were cheating on people, taking money without giving a winner.
I was a winner for the Zoa, they told me this on October 15th. I had to request nearly daily for my prize code. I PM'd, emailed and called (when I called, no one ever picked up), and when I finally got it early November, it was for $300- apparently it wasn't a full competition and they never mentioned that it wasn't full up. Fine, whatever, I waited this long trying to get in touch with them and it's still winnings. (apparently they were moving stores and Phil had no time to host/communicate).

Of course I couldn't use my winnings on their live sales, so I went to their website which had nearly nothing on it. So just to be done, I picked out whatever they had. I pick a date a following week later for shipping. and again, and again. They keep pushing it back for multiple of excuses.

Sure, Phil had a baby. The baby then became sick and he needed to be there for his family, understandable, I cut him slack on this one (Hope the baby is OK)- but he had staff to help him out. Oh wait, they left him, or got fired, I don't know. Phil had no one, yet, he still held live sales, when he knew he was understaffed. Why hold sales if he had no staff to help? Oh, they had too many orders, yet they couldn't ship them all out, so another week for my shipping date.

I asked for an exchange on some items since what I ordered I got from a friend, which Jamie gladly helped me with, promptly. Jamie is awesome, BTW. The only guy who is responsive and helpful. This was Black Friday week. I requested shipping a week after. Got postponed again for whatever reason.

When they finally fulfilled my order, two of the corals I wanted was out of stock. Apparently one of the staffs sent the wrong corals to the wrong people? oops, accidents happen. fine, I pick something else out.. nope, they don't have them either. I told them to surprise me, getting annoyed at the service, I wasn't going to wait around for another package. I would've had the corals I really wanted if they did things properly and quickly back in early November when I placed my order initially.

All SPS I got was half an inch to an inch. few of them seemed to be freshly cut and glued. One didn't stay put. Frag plugs were too clean, none of them was crusted over. One piece was broken in half.
Green BTA nem did not seem too well, its mouth was wide open and inverted. I am not sure if it's going to make it, I will check tonight again when I get home from work after a day in the tank.

The other BTA I got looks good, however. It promptly planted its foot and opened up.
This morning I checked with flashlights, the SPS has polyps, I can't judge how they look just yet as lights were out and they're stressed from shipping.

Jamie is trying to convince me to give them another chance in January. Sorry, I wasted almost a year trying to keep in touch with TCD and they just left a bad taste in my mouth. Jamie asked me to talk to Ryan, the one who packed my box to right my bleached frag and possible declining BTA.. While he's trying to do right, I am done.

Had almost the exact same experiance. This guy is the worst at customer service and the best at sweet talking. I'm still working to dispute the near $1k I spent. Buying from them was the worst purchase I ever made.

Last edited:

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree

I’m at a loss here. There have been multiple complaints. and all I have seen are excuses from these guys. What other proof do you need?
It’s completely unfair to the members here that entrust on r2r to validate these vendors. I too had a bad experience but never reported. These guys are crooks and it seems that you’re allowing such biz dealings to continue on this wonderful site.

I just don’t get it.

PMHighers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree

I’m at a loss here. There have been multiple complaints. and all I have seen are excuses from these guys. What other proof do you need?
It’s completely unfair to the members here that entrust on r2r to validate these vendors. I too had a bad experience but never reported. These guys are crooks and it seems that you’re allowing such biz dealings to continue on this wonderful site.

I just don’t get it.
Yep, excuses and smooth talking is all they are good for. But they never ship when they say they will and when they do it's half missing, half wrong, or dead. If there,are this many ppl with the same story, clearly something isnt right.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell for the trap of good reviews on their Facebook page and the “protection” vendors have here- from now on i will be checking reviews everywhere.

EDIT instead of erasing what I wrote, I retract my above statement about "protecting vendors". I misread another post and jumped the gun. Many apologies.

Last edited:

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've been getting horrible feedback and all I've seen is excuses, bad ones at that. We almost jumped in on the grow out but decided not too. I'm thankful these feedbacks are on R2R. It's funny how @jamie callard jumped on like mad when there were sales being made. Every question was answered very quickly...

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of a long story.

You seem like a very understanding, patient guy. Sucks to lose such a good customer

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seem like a very understanding, patient guy. Sucks to lose such a good customer

"Girl" ;) I know, male dominated hobby, lol. I just wanted my winnings, I wasn't going to lose that. Wish I gave up on it months ago so I didn't have to go through the hassle.

They've been getting horrible feedback and all I've seen is excuses, bad ones at that. We almost jumped in on the grow out but decided not too. I'm thankful these feedbacks are on R2R. It's funny how @jamie callard jumped on like mad when there were sales being made. Every question was answered very quickly...

Noticed how none of them are on here? :rolleyes:

@Travis Stewart - my LFS never have anything I am looking for, or they can't seem to get them in for some reason. One of them that has what I want is very overpriced.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why you support your LFS and don’t order online :)
For every bad story there are countless untold good stories from reputable online hobby and pro sellers.

Typically people only make noise when things go poorly, as well they should, but a good buying experience should also be shared!

My LFS are over an hour away, and while I enjoy the trip sometimes, I also want specific items that I can only get online.

I can say Ive never purchased from TCD so I can't comment on their service but there are definitely reputable, conscientious sellers online! (check my previous posts for my new go-to [emoji6]).

I'm sorry the OP had such a problem with this vendor but I hope you find one that makes up for their shortcomings!

And can we see your winning coral ??

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For every bad story there are countless untold good stories from reputable online hobby and pro sellers.

Typically people only make noise when things go poorly, as well they should, but a good buying experience should also be shared!

My LFS are over an hour away, and while I enjoy the trip sometimes, I also want specific items that I can only get online.

I can say Ive never purchased from TCD so I can't comment on their service but there are definitely reputable, conscientious sellers online! (check my previous posts for my new go-to
emoji6.png
).

I'm sorry the OP had such a problem with this vendor but I hope you find one that makes up for their shortcomings!

And can we see your winning coral ??

I've had great experience with several vendors online. I haven't bought from too many, but never had an issue with any of them, aside from TCD. To name a few- Live Aquaria, ReefCleaners, BattleCorals.. all awesome.

I got several things from the $300 gift card. Due to lack of items on their website, I wound up filling the gap with CUC (Snails) and some brittle stars. I got 2 BTA (one photo'd above and is not happy), the other BTA is "Ultra Rose", but doesn't look like ultra rose. I'll give it a few days for it to get comfortable to determine for sure. A thumbnail sized rainbow monti, 4 half-inch to inch acros that I am not sure what they are yet (they are still stressed from shipping). and a tiny bleached out pink bird's nest (which is also photo'd above).

gotta say, in regards to the CUC, they came in all healthy and alive. Probably the best things that came in that box, lol.

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 thank you for your honesty and saying I have at least done a fair job

I am sorry for the experience and I won't make excuses our customer service lately had been bad and communication needs improvement.

I am trying my best tongue what I can. I am a firefighter and work 120 hours a week on top of trying to help THE out. I see some of the issues. I've made some improvements when customers contact me to repsjd better and fix what I can.
I get to the store about 3 hours a week and still try to fix things. I won't say we are fixed yet. It's a work in project. I hope those that have interacted with me may consider giving a chance when they here me say we are ready.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back