• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Coral Dudes- Fail

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With customer service reviews like that I won't take my chances with them. That's just too much going wrong. Thanks for passing your experiences on to the rest of us.

Heliarc19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through this expecting to see the other side of the argument/dispute....there isn’t one. Sorry for your trouble but thank you for sharing

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a story about TCD but I will wait until my order is cleared up. I have been working with @jamie callard trying to straighten it out and he has been good to work with and responds to fb messages.

But I will say it has not been a good experience overall....

jamie callard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have resigned from the coral dudes affective today. I'm glad i was able to help some when I was in this role. I'm sorry to those I could not help. I wish the crew and Phil the best of luck but. I can not continue at this time. I know they are trying to make things right but my full time job is going to take more of my time next year with leadership positions and want to enjoy the holidays well I still can. I will still be glad to talk to anyone via pm and answer saltwater related questions.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fell for the trap of good reviews on their Facebook page and the “protection” vendors have here- from now on i will be checking reviews everywhere.

I would like for you to substantiate your claim that we "protect" vendors. Please be detailed about what you mean and add proof.

If we protected vendors this thread would not exist, nor would the others about this vendor at the moment.

Saddens me when comments like yours are made when they are 100% false.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree - unless I misunderstood this post in another thread- let me know other wise.

Screenshot (4).png

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree - unless I misunderstood this post in another thread- let me know other wise.

Screenshot (4).png
Not sure how that is protecting a vendor, feedback threads are only open to the customer and the vendor. This ensures that the thread stays on topic and concise, if everyone was allowed to comment on feedback threads it would be very easy for the original complaint to get lost in the thread or way off topic because the customer or vendor would have to deal with other people stating their opinion or experience....also if it was protecting, wouldn't we just delete all negative feedback threads?

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how that is protecting a vendor, feedback threads are only open to the customer and the vendor. This ensures that the thread stays on topic and concise, if everyone was allowed to comment on feedback threads it would be very easy for the original complaint to get lost in the thread or way off topic because the customer or vendor would have to deal with other people stating their opinion or experience....also if it was protecting, wouldn't we just delete all negative feedback threads?

good point. I went back and re-read that thread. I accept my fault to jumping the gun- I was pretty upset with TCD that those words stuck out at me. I'll retract my statement from earlier. Many apologies

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them one time. Got pretty decent sized frags. Got my shipping date pushed back without them relaying that to me.

Now that I've used online shopping it made me realize how expensive they make their frags and corals. I see people in their live sales buying stuff that other vendors offer at almost half the cost. It's unbelievable.

Phil seems like a nice guy but the company needs to hit the restart button. Coral of the month is an amazing idea. Need to start finding a way to have communication run more smoothly and find a way to compete with other vendors prices for me ever to consider buying again.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
good point. I went back and re-read that thread. I accept my fault to jumping the gun- I was pretty upset with TCD that those words stuck out at me. I'll retract my statement from earlier. Many apologies

Unlike like my thread where they deleted all the others’ comments and left me replying to ghosts, and also asked for an apology after I’d been robbed of $450; I don’t see that happening here...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree

I’m at a loss here. There have been multiple complaints. and all I have seen are excuses from these guys. What other proof do you need?
It’s completely unfair to the members here that entrust on r2r to validate these vendors. I too had a bad experience but never reported. These guys are crooks and it seems that you’re allowing such biz dealings to continue on this wonderful site.

I just don’t get it.

Hello,

We take situations like this very seriously and FYI we are reviewing this issue as a team.

Thank you.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlike like my thread where they deleted all the others’ comments and left me replying to ghosts, and also asked for an apology after I’d been robbed of $450; I don’t see that happening here...
What thread are you talking about? I can’t see any in the past month. In certain circumstances such as this where a lot of people are affected maybe we become a bit more lenient. However it seems like a no win situation with some people. Remove comments (as per the rules) we are the bad guys, allow people to tell about a bad vendor, again we are the bad guys. Just can’t make some people happy.

Rb9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s not forget the coral dudes mysterious auction, where a brand new member doubled their own bid right before it ended.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back