• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Coral Dudes- Fail

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I got from them is still alive albeit I only got 2 out of 3 of what I ordered plus another I didn't. Still waiting to see if I get my PolyLab stuff next week. I doubt it and will be doing a charge back with CC company if not. Absolutely done with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mdavis735

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 thank you for your honesty and saying I have at least done a fair job

I am sorry for the experience and I won't make excuses our customer service lately had been bad and communication needs improvement.

I am trying my best tongue what I can. I am a firefighter and work 120 hours a week on top of trying to help THE out. I see some of the issues. I've made some improvements when customers contact me to repsjd better and fix what I can.
I get to the store about 3 hours a week and still try to fix things. I won't say we are fixed yet. It's a work in project. I hope those that have interacted with me may consider giving a chance when they here me say we are ready.

I had a better experience with my order once Jamie was involved. Thanks Jamie.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had that logo for a T shirt competition a while back. I put together one for them and won. I was supposed to get a free shirt of the logo I did, I never got it.

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a big sale order during November, didn't get it till December thanks to Jamie putting it together. Most of the stuff has died. SPS came in as a fresh cut and completely brown. One month later and its just starting to turn around. My order was missing tons of stuff. I have contacted them multiple times just asking for a refund. All I get from Phil is "we are working on it". Submitted a claim on PayPal. Well I just told everybody on Saltwater Scammers they should do they same, well now Phil is banning anybody that post anything negative about his company. He I trying to clean house and keep his loyal base. Unreal.....

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in contact with Phil from TCD for the past week, and today I've received a replacement package from him and a hand written apology card.

He replaced 3 corals that were DOA (or died within few days), and sent 3 more freebies. These pieces look awesome compared to the last batch that failed.
Favia, 2 nice SPS, pink birdsnest which is a nice size for a frag, BTA, and a random that I am not sure what it is yet.

Additionally, he gave me a $25 coupon code if I should decide to give them another chance.

I just wanted to update everyone that he is trying.. at least with me he did and exceeded my expectations. I hope he rectifies the mistakes he's made with everyone else.

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really sucks to read. I ordered from them last year without issue- and interestingly enough, the two pieces I got from them are thriving like crazy. Sounds like a good thing gone sour.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really sucks to read. I ordered from them last year without issue- and interestingly enough, the two pieces I got from them are thriving like crazy. Sounds like a good thing gone sour.

I agree, something didn't go right. I have my suspicions, but I do not want to state my thoughts here. though I'll say that IMO, I don't think it's entirely Phil's fault. I believe his staff is to blame.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I think I'll wait a while if anything, to see if they fully turn themselves around or not. I think right now it's a bad time to consider again

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the Rainbow Skittles monti and 2 more freebies Saturday to complete my Nov 11th order. Although I did not receive the ReefRoids because they don't have any stock. I ordered ReefRoids and Polyp Booster on Thanksgiving and got the booster with Sat's delivery.... Everything was supposed to be delivered back on Dec. 5th....

Who knows if I will ever get the Roids. The 3 corals do not look all that great. The Monti looks better than the other 2 but one looks like it's pretty much DOA. Can't complain as it was free, but still..... And I have no idea what it even is

I can honestly say I will NEVER buy anything from them ever again.

soda_popinski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are a mess. I get a sob story email from Phil about why after over two months I haven't received anything from them, and that rest assured I will be taken care of. This was after I had to open a PayPal ticket on them. After another promise of a refund, another week goes by without one, and without any further responses from Phil. I ended up having to escalate my PayPal ticket in order to get a refund.

These guys are crooks, and based on what I'm seeing elsewhere on other forums, possibly criminal. I hope people read this thread and use this to decide against ordering from them. They aren't worth the time waiting to see if they end up getting their act together. Avoid at ALL costs.

FWIW, Jamie Callard was very helpful when he was with TCD. Seems to be a good guy.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting some corals from here, maybe signing up for their "coral of the month club," which sounds awesome. I'm really glad this place is so uncensored, its really hard to find honest reviews anymore, get on their website and they have nothing but 5 star customers.

soda_popinski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting some corals from here, maybe signing up for their "coral of the month club," which sounds awesome. I'm really glad this place is so uncensored, its really hard to find honest reviews anymore, get on their website and they have nothing but 5 star customers.

I've been ordering from wwc since I was burned by the dudes and they've been awesome. give them a shot.

OP
OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Phil and other staff there monitor their reviews, of course they'd keep 5 stars only. They boot people with negative comments from their facebook page too, as well as monitor reviews

James Howell (joesph)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-2-22_12-30-18.png

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back