Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets do something fun for a week. The Dirty Skimmer "CUP".lol (now thats funny) ...is it an event, a game or a match.lol nobody knows but its provocative........It gets the people going.ROFL

This is an event I ran on our local forum that was fun so I figured it could be more fun playing with a much larger group..like R2R members.

Here's how it works:
-We will start on Monday the 8th to allow a good weeks time for people to see this thread and get ready to become involved and have some fun.(that will be 1 week from tommorow-next monday)

-On Monday clean out your skimmer cup to start off. Take a picture of your clean cup and post it here in this thread.
-Helpful included info to be added with 1st/entry pic to make this event useful when looked at by future R2R members would be -
-Stock list of your tank and water volume I.e. #of fish (types) and low med heavy coral stock along with tank gallon size/or total water volume in system.
-Type of skimmer you are using and gallon rating.
-Any other export equiptment/media being used
-Than update with a new pic of your cup every day for the week from Monday to Monday to see the progression of skimmate and what different systems are producing.
-It will be helpful if pics are taken from the same angle each time for viewing.

I will randomly bump this thread throughout the week until start date if needed to get the best viewing results for folks and in helping get as many entries as possible.
If you would like to participate simply say so in this thread before starting date(anyone can jump in at anytime but full contest participation will show best results).
I will take all folks that want to play and give them an @ tag shout out on mondays starting date to remind them and get them over to the thread.
just another fun activity to promote forum use
headbang.gif
so lets get on with the "dirty skimmer Cup" who has the dirtiest cup.

pic is not an entry - only a mascot for the event.....The dirty Cup!!

Attachments

• 20141130_104847.jpg
    20141130_104847.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,557
Last edited:
OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To help spread the word - feel free to @ tag any members you know have a skimmer here in this thread to get them over here so they can play along.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww man, wish I still ran a skimmer and could play, had some gnarly build up and cups full of sludge at times. That's pretty bad though. The worst is when it's all nasty like that and then it overflows back into your sump and system.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet glad - you guys are down to play - I'll bump daily with new additions to the list of peeps in the game for easy reference to @ tag for myself on monday to remind folks of the starting point/day of.

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be a lot of skimmer cup pictures hahaha. My cup drains into a 1gal jug so I guess it wouldn't have the same effect if I did it, so I'll sit back and watch. [emoji225] [emoji106]

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be a lot of skimmer cup pictures hahaha. My cup drains into a 1gal jug so I guess it wouldn't have the same effect if I did it, so I'll sit back and watch. [emoji225] [emoji106]

Show us your jug - same thing in a diff container.lol

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... no laughing... This is my cup after 5 days.
Yup.. it does a good job for being so tiny compared to the other cups here!

wp_20141130_19_40_12_pro.jpg

That looks a lot like the 1st skimmer i used to run on the old system.

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha you asked for it. It was cleaned earlier today so not much of the good stuff in it yet. By mid week it will be really yummy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417400472890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417400472890.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,329
Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back