The experiment tank.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clean crew no skimmer one fish, a blue damsel. But a whole lot of algea. Let's see what happens.

16143876466912416905243250309577.jpg

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya bro!
tank.jpg
That's a fancier set up than mine. I doubt I could get 10 bucks for mine. And my experiment is/was supposed to be for my daughter. I dont feel like (wasting) buying the skimmer and other things like the 75 gallon, my dt. Nope this is darwinism at it's most basic.

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a month and here's an update, the green turf algea is battling the cyano bacteria for dominance. My genius solution is to open my blinds and let in more sunlight! But perhaps they ha e reached an accord. The cyano is covering everything and leaving a bunch of streamers, however the green truf is growing underneath. Looks like my tank has herpes of some kind because of the trapped bubbles in between the layers.

Got a mini clean up crew 4 hermits and 3 snails. 1 blue damsel that for some reason hasn't died but is an ******, and possibly got his first kill today. Although it was a pretty ratty red firefish and even his buddy was picking on him... but yeah the other firefish was getting picked on by the damsel anytime he came down from the surface. I should prolly get a lid... but yeah.

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The experiment tank has run its course. The blue damsel lives and killed 2 firefish. Added a hawkfish, still lives. Both were relocated to main display tank 75g. The algea died/ killed off by cyano. Cyno owns tank. Tear down begins wednesday... but in the mean time I'm gonna turn the lights off for a few days and see if it goes septic and then what happens. I will unplug the heater and filter and let it evaporate. In the name of science... or yes... I'll make it an out door tank!!! Hmmm... yes.... for science.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back