Dragon Eel
me too....

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think we would have a tank large enough but I believe it’s possible .

Public aquariums do it .

If I could get a blue face , blue ring , queen , emperor and possible a French that would be my final and retirement build
Yeah thats my point! Cant have a big enough aquarium to have one of each large and dwarf angel but a girl can dream right??

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats my point! Cant have a big enough aquarium to have one of each large and dwarf angel but a girl can dream right??
Instead of only dreams ..
Dream and work towards making dreams reality …
I already have one angel .
Adding a queen or blue ring available .

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of only dreams ..
Dream and work towards making dreams reality …
I already have one angel .
Adding a queen or blue ring available .
Ive got a regal with two weeks left of QT and shes just perfect! Super active, not skittish like Ive heard a lot tend to be and loves blood worms and clams! I had a blue faced but she died ☹️

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a regal with two weeks left of QT and shes just perfect! Super active, not skittish like Ive heard a lot tend to be and loves blood worms and clams! I had a blue faced but she died ☹️
I had a blue ring . Transitioning from juv to adult . It was beautiful . But it died . Was very shy , and very time it came out of a cave the yellow tang and sailfin wound chase it Back in .
I will try again …..

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would love a harem to go with my Bellus angelfish group. But never seen them in person and assume they'd be the same cost as Genicanthus personatus (Masked) angelfish
Surely Genicanthus takeuchii would have a much higher price than G.semifasciatus, although these types are not available in the aquarium trade, surely I have seen a couple of photographs of them in captivity, surely Asian hobbyists willing to pay significant sums of money for precious fish like this.

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect them to be in line with Genicanthus pesonatus (masked) at like $16,000 per or maybe more, as opposed to G. Semifasiatus (masked swallowtail) at $250 to 500 per specimen

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect them to be in line with Genicanthus pesonatus (masked) at like $16,000 per or maybe more, as opposed to G. Semifasiatus (masked swallowtail) at $250 to 500 per specimen
dang, I can't believe I confused the Genicanthus personatus in your first post and compared it to G. semifasciatus, I don't know what I was thinking, sorry :dizzy-face:, but yeah, it would definitely be a price to place on a fish like G.takeuchii, juveniles are stunning.

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving.
i started the hobby for seahorses. i ended up getting a pair in the end so i cant complain that much but my dream fish now which i have been wanting for around 3 years is a tang! most of all a yellow kole eye tang!!!

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, I can't believe I confused the Genicanthus personatus in your first post and compared it to G. semifasciatus, I don't know what I was thinking, sorry :dizzy-face:, but yeah, it would definitely be a price to place on a fish like G.takeuchii, juveniles are stunning.
No worries, there are many that are similar, I do it too. Caudovitatus, Wanatanabe, Milanospilos, Lamarak, they are all striped

oceancowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not super rare.....the crosshatch trigger. Had one for a while....cool fish.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though it's not a fish, and not what I want but cant have, but my 4 year old granddaughter asked me the other day if we could get a baby dolphin.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 105 80.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back