The fish you want but cant have

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have had my naso for over 6 years and it's currently in a 180g. I don't think they get as large as what is listed as their max size.
I agree. Maybe 8-9". Ive seen a 12" one but was in a 1100 gallon store display

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want a breeding pair of megladons.
hey arnold nickelodeon GIF

Seagre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving.
Flame Angel. Beautiful fish sadly it would murder all my corals.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barracuda.
ha ha I was gonna say Coelacanth
moorish idol havnt built up the courage to try one after reading all the negatives about em also a lavatus butterfly due to cost and rarity but my favorite saltwater fish
biggest trick is getting one thats healthy and eating, after that next issue avoiding ich and idol on idol murder … diet should include veggies

Anyway I want another Rock Beauty, lost last two from ich…hurt a lot as these were both eating and not bothering corals….sucked

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi Firefish. Such a gorgeous little fish, so expensive. Of course my limits on what an 'expensive' fish looks like have been going up over the years. First it was semi-fancy bettas coming in at 20-30 bucks, THEN I got into saltwater, and $50 for a single shrimp.

I just dropped $100 on a very lovely clownfish though, so maybe another year or two and $200 will seem like the norm. :upside-down-face:

I'd also like to keep a Coral Beauty, but 1. tank size and 2. soft corals. Alas.
Helfrichi Firefish $106.00 on Reef Beauties. They supply really nice fish.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two.....Genicanthus personatus (Masked Angelfish) . Obviously because of the price. The other is an Ornate Butterfly (Chaetodon ornatissiumus)...because they are obligate corallivores and I love my SPS.
Ornate butterfly (1 of 1).jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the humphead wrasse, or at least a tank large enough for one, and I guess a house big enough for the tank also

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A Conspic…Poma Labs has some nice looking ones but I told my wife I’d do a peaceful ‘flowy’ tank this time…hammers/frogspawn/octospawn and a couple alveopora

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheek lined maori wrasse. Supposedly exists in the aquarium trade, but I have literally never seen it for sale.

If anyone has, I would like to know.

To a lesser extent, hawaiian black triggerfish. It seems many just stock the indian triggerfish and don't realize that it is a different species.

Butterflyfish, moorish idols, angelfish and other coral eaters. Port jackson and epaulette sharks as they would demolish any cleanup crew and potentially fish. Morays/cat sharks/other benthic sharks that would otherwise work in a large aquarium, but threaten to damage rockwork, corals (due to being able to bulldoze through them), or livestock.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back