The fish you want but cant have

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Rose-Band Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus roseafascia) has been a “holy grail” fish for a long time. However, I’ve learned they are large and boisterous, especially with other wrasses. I no longer run multiple systems, and my tank is filled with smaller, peaceful wrasses. And I can’t have someone enter the tank and causing problems for my little guys.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragon Eel.jpg

Dragon Eel

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi Firefish. Such a gorgeous little fish, so expensive. Of course my limits on what an 'expensive' fish looks like have been going up over the years. First it was semi-fancy bettas coming in at 20-30 bucks, THEN I got into saltwater, and $50 for a single shrimp.

I just dropped $100 on a very lovely clownfish though, so maybe another year or two and $200 will seem like the norm. :upside-down-face:

I'd also like to keep a Coral Beauty, but 1. tank size and 2. soft corals. Alas.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving.
Due to amount of coral - Full size angels

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso. Biggest tank is 180g standard. I dont want to grow one out either I know id become attached. Maybe some day i'll get a big enough tank.
I have had my naso for over 6 years and it's currently in a 180g. I don't think they get as large as what is listed as their max size.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my naso for over 6 years and it's currently in a 180g. I don't think they get as large as what is listed as their max size.
We had a big one at the lfs I worked at/shopped at, probably 15-16". Tank was a big hexagon 8' end to end the short panels on the end were 3' around 5' front to back. He was so active in the tank that the tank looked small. Which is why I said that. Such a cool fish with great personality, had its favorite people. I think it could tell the difference between customers and employees ( i say it because im unsure I think male) it was always hamming it up when customers walked by.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a big one at the lfs I worked at/shopped at, probably 15-16". Tank was a big hexagon 8' end to end the short panels on the end were 3' around 5' front to back. He was so active in the tank that the tank looked small. Which is why I said that. Such a cool fish with great personality, had its favorite people. I think it could tell the difference between customers and employees ( i say it because im unsure I think male) it was always hamming it up when customers walked by.
I wonder if it was wild caught at a large size? I've never seen one even close to 12" in captivity. But it's not like I've been all over the place looking at different ones.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it was wild caught at a large size? I've never seen one even close to 12" in captivity. But it's not like I've been all over the place looking at different ones.
It was at this store for a long time. Ive shopped there for over 20 years (I fill in from time to time). I remember the fish much smaller at their previous location. They lost it about 1.5 years ago unfortunately, I think old age had to be almost as old as the time I spent going there.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
orange spotted filefish, and it's not cause they're hard to get eating, i already have a plan for that, the issue for me is i like to travel and i wont be able to feed them 2 - 3 times a day while i'm away.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back