The fish you want but cant have

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big 1.5foot atlantic blue tang... I plan to get a atlantic blue but I would never have the capacity to be able to get one to that size.
I saw some that size in aruba when I went diving and they were so cool.

I love seeing them too. I've never seen any quite that big though. Love seeing the big schools of them as they chow down on algae.!

jefff99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving..
Abe Vigoda.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would have to be a Puffer. I would have to decide between a dogface or porky. I like having wet pets.
PORCUPINE! Look even Hewbie agrees with me!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: He says dogface puffers aren’t as cute.
IMG_9957.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PORCUPINE! Look even Hewbie agrees with me!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: He says dogface puffers aren’t as cute.
IMG_9957.jpeg
You are correct. They had a small Starz and stripe Puffer at the LFS yesterday. The thing I notice the most is that dog faced puffers while cute look sad. I know its perception and the aren't really sad but their face and the way they keep thier tail curled in makes them look sad. The porkies always look happy lol

Crispy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi Firefish. Such a gorgeous little fish, so expensive. Of course my limits on what an 'expensive' fish looks like have been going up over the years. First it was semi-fancy bettas coming in at 20-30 bucks, THEN I got into saltwater, and $50 for a single shrimp.

I just dropped $100 on a very lovely clownfish though, so maybe another year or two and $200 will seem like the norm. :upside-down-face:

I'd also like to keep a Coral Beauty, but 1. tank size and 2. soft corals. Alas.
I have a coral Beauty and a pygmy angel in my 75g full of soft corals with no problems at all

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral Beauty and a pygmy angel in my 75g full of soft corals with no problems at all
Various sources say that it depends on the fish. Some have done great and some were coral nippers.

Sort of like half of my Bettas have been shrimp eaters and snail attackers while the other half just watched them with the placid gaze of a lazy fish.

"Reef safe with caution"

DJMCB35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to name 2. A Clown Trigger and / or a Rock Beauty. Well seriously, that’s an “and”. If I had one I’d still want the other too.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that one fish that you absolutely love and want to have but can't. Whether it's because of tank size, tank type, budget or some other reason.
I would love to have a queen angel but my tanks not big enough, I have a Mixed reef, and they can be difficult to get.
They are my favorite fish to see when I go diving.
I would love to have a dragon moray!! I dont have the tank for one or the money and they are like never in stock anywhere but I love this eel!!

Attachments

• IMG_1917.png
    IMG_1917.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 18

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a dragon moray!! I dont have the tank for one or the money and they are like never in stock anywhere but I love this eel!!
Also would love to have a tank full of all kinds of angels since they are so pretty but we all know that would end really bad!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would it end bad ?

My next upgrade will be transitioning to fish only and I plan on large angelfish
I was meaning I want a tank with like all the aggressive big angels together and it be an angel only tank but they dont typically play well with other angels!! So I know thats never gonna happen.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meaning I want a tank with like all the aggressive big angels together and it be an angel only tank but they dont typically play well with other angels!! So I know thats never gonna happen.
I don’t think we would have a tank large enough but I believe it’s possible .

Public aquariums do it .

If I could get a blue face , blue ring , queen , emperor and possible a French that would be my final and retirement build

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back