The Grand Experiment

Sure.
It was actually my sump that gave way. The miter corner support at the top failed causing the tank to split. You can read about it here...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/220-gallons-of-eye-candy.245484/page-5


thanks I am going to dive in now

After looking: @Dan McNertney I see what you mean. not cool you had to deal with that.

My reason for asking about wavemakers is a rumor I heard concerning them blowing out tank walls due to oscillations in the water
 
thanks I am going to dive in now

After looking: @Dan McNertney I see what you mean. not cool you had to deal with that.

My reason for asking about wavemakers is a rumor I heard concerning them blowing out tank walls due to oscillations in the water
Yeah.. many people do not realize that the average off the shelf aquarium cannot handle the stresses involved with wavemakers. Most wavemakers do have warnings in the directions.
Not that I read the directions, mind you....
 
Yeah.. many people do not realize that the average off the shelf aquarium cannot handle the stresses involved with wavemakers. Most wavemakers do have warnings in the directions.
Not that I read the directions, mind you....
Directions? what are those?
 
Whatever happened with this project? It’s like I just read a book with the last chapter ripped out...
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new