The Grand Experiment

Sure.
It was actually my sump that gave way. The miter corner support at the top failed causing the tank to split. You can read about it here...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/220-gallons-of-eye-candy.245484/page-5


thanks I am going to dive in now

After looking: @Dan McNertney I see what you mean. not cool you had to deal with that.

My reason for asking about wavemakers is a rumor I heard concerning them blowing out tank walls due to oscillations in the water
 
thanks I am going to dive in now

After looking: @Dan McNertney I see what you mean. not cool you had to deal with that.

My reason for asking about wavemakers is a rumor I heard concerning them blowing out tank walls due to oscillations in the water
Yeah.. many people do not realize that the average off the shelf aquarium cannot handle the stresses involved with wavemakers. Most wavemakers do have warnings in the directions.
Not that I read the directions, mind you....
 
Yeah.. many people do not realize that the average off the shelf aquarium cannot handle the stresses involved with wavemakers. Most wavemakers do have warnings in the directions.
Not that I read the directions, mind you....
Directions? what are those?
 
Whatever happened with this project? It’s like I just read a book with the last chapter ripped out...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new