OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great, do you have any pictures further back showing the light?
Here is a current full tank shot
IMG_0661.JPG

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty disappointed this morning as last night my fuge light, the Eshopps curve, did not turn on. After some investigation, the power connector had corroded... This light has never been submerged in water. It has been sitting in a nice comfy spot on my refugium baffle. It has gotten condensation on it, but it's a refugium light I feel like it should be able to take that or a minor splash. It's also only been in place since April 4th.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS (The Aquatic Critter) was awesome as always, they are taking care of them me on the light. I got a Kessil H80 as the replacement for that Eshopps light. It should be in this week. In the short term, I got the light that came with my Fluval Evo 13.5 over it :/ Hopefully, that's better than nothing.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I posted, but the tank parameters have stabilized very well, and I'm beginning to put some coral into it. I got a few SPS a month and a half ago, but two of them are not doing well at all. The vendor had left the lights on 24 hours before I picked them up! They still smelled like acros, but they never came back. One of them, a highlighter, appears to be coloring up. I lost the ducans I had from the tank move due to brown jelly :( Everything else is perking right along. I ordered the PMK from Neptune Systems to hook up to my Apex in an effort to understand my lighting better. I've been considering adding a second Kessil AP700 or moving to 3 A360WEs, but I wanna measure first before I make any changes.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few corals from the WWC sale over the weekend.

Grape Juice
c1.jpg

Terra Red
c2.jpg

Cotton Candy
c3.jpg

Dragonslayer
c4.jpg

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I've still got a nice long journey ahead of me, and I'm looking forward to it.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pieces I got in from Jason Fox today were absolutely stunning and worth way more than what I paid for the Jason's Picks pack. I'll get some pictures after they've had a few days to get acclimated. I was also thrilled when World Wide Corals called me to ensure that my order was right in their system for the live sale. Fantastic customer service, and I can't wait to see their pieces tomorrow!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely!! Looking forward to seeing the new pieces you picked up!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was both awesome and terrible awesome because my PMK (par measurement for apex) showed up at the Aquatic Critter. I got it home and spent quite a bit of time playing with it. I also got one of those sweet LRS food transport bags!!! The sad part is that it's clear a 4ft SPS tank really needs two Kessil AP700s. The Kessil documentation says SPS coverage is 36x24; however, I was hoping it would work out. So I'm a bit sad I need another light, but I'm not going let my new corals not get what they need.
c76627eba9a73861ae245f4e645ceac3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Corals I got from Jason Fox:
  • Green Goblin Acro
  • Coolers Champagne Acro
  • Red Dragon Acro
  • Sucker Punch Lepto
  • Cry Baby Zoas (Back small tank)
  • Yellow Tips Acro
  • Bling Bling Cyphastrea
  • Strawberry Shortcake Acro
  • Special Porites
  • One wasn't labeled
New Corals from WWC:
  • Grape Juice Acro
  • Terra Red Acro
  • Cotton Candy Chalice
  • Dragonslayer Acro

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another ap700 on the way??

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I ordered it today. I know it'll be worth it, but my wallet so disagreed :p

Ultimate reefer, going all in! I like your style!! Can't wait to see two of the lights above that tank. Time to grab you some 8020 and make a single mount for the lights!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight was another devastating loss. We had a Blue Tang in QT tank, and did the required water change after dosing copper (cupramine) the prior 10 days at half the recommended dose. We changed 8 gals of water. It was a .5 degree temp diff. Salinity, Ammonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite were all perfect 35, 0, 5, 0 respectively. Added the carbon to strip the last of the cupramine out prior to the next medication, and that was that. Checked back in a couple of hours later, and he's on his side, kinda crazy eyed. The wife had spotted some white stuff on his belly before this, and the copper didn't seem to change it. Tonight he had white stuff around his mouth and appears to be about to die :(. I don't know what to do. This is the second tang (we had a powder blue previously) that we've lost in QT. We had dosed nothing with the prior one. I'd love some advise. We had successful QTed our lawnmower blenny. Dishearted a bit since I don't expect this guy to make it.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to hear that! I know a few people who don't keep gangs anymore because of how delicate they are, especially when it comes to white spot! I've not Qt'd any of my fish and so far so good (knock on wood! Haha). Yellow tang is thriving, I was worried about the blue tang but he has done extremely well!

I can't really offer any advice, except keep trying!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back